We started with just one home & an idea: to bring homeowners & renters together with smart technology & caring local teams. Today, were the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America thanks to the people who give us their best every day. Youll fit right in here if youre curious, entrepreneurial, & thrive in a rapid-growth environment.
Why Sales at Vacasa
If Vacasas incredible growth didnt make it obvious, were good at what we do. Were people people. We think on our feet, & respond with tailored solutions. Our team has the street smarts, ambition, & talent to turn every potential market into a Vacasa community.
What were looking for
We are looking for a Business Development Manager who possesses strong leadership skills with the ability to resolve issues with a sense of urgency, prioritize & follow through with tasks while multitasking various other obligations & deadlines. They must be accessible & informed, particularly an expert with industry trends, knowledgeable about the competition, innovative to problem solve setbacks, & always educating & learning to improve the overall dynamics of the team.
In the role of Business Development Manager, you will manage a team of 4 or more representatives. You will contribute to the development of Vacasas core values while in the field, along with but not limited to coaching, communicating, directing, & being an inspirational mentor for their team; allowing each member to meet their full potential through short & long-term goals, achieve exponential sales, & ensure a high level of success for driven growth.
What you'll do
- Lead & successfully manage a team of 4 or more representatives.
- Coordinate & monitor agents progress, meet with them on a weekly basis, collaborate, & maintain communication to develop & identify opportunities of growth & innovate ways to resolve obstacles.
- Effectively grow Vacasas vacation rental portfolio in your assigned market(s), specifically with targeted, high revenue-generating prospects with a thorough understanding of any local municipal regulations in your assigned region(s), & develop relationships with relevant local officials.
- Perform initial diligence, manage a large pipeline: Network to generate leads while following through on established leads & consistently logging & updating calls & leads into the CRM.
- Engage in patient, professional communication with prospective clients along with building confidence & trust with leads over the phone or in person.
- Attend required department meetings
- Stay up to speed on changes within the organization that may affect our value proposition.
Skills youll need
- Sales experience required, including selling & negotiating complex business deals. A proven sales history in a similar industry or successful experience in a commission-driven background is beneficial.
- Flexibility & comfort in working in an ever-changing environment. As the nature of this position involves catering to the schedules of the companies that we are working with, individual schedules, & uncertain last minute changes in travel plans or business needs.
- Experience using CRM software to manage opportunities & communication.
- Google Drive, cloud computing programs experience with strong computer skills & working knowledge of social media.
- Intermediate Excel & PowerPoint abilities required.
- Proven competence at working independently & as part of a team with formal experience in a fast paced transactional deal environment and/or project management/hospitality experience is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, written, & verbal communication skills. Which pertains to communicating to all stakeholders, working with cross-functional teams, & motivating people with varying personalities while supporting a collective & positive work environment.
- Determined & enthusiastic can do/will do attitude: You will act as the first point of contact for all aspects of your leads & team whose needs aren't always confined to normal business hours. A willingness to help when help is needed is essential.
- Self-motivated & self-sufficient, with the confidence to seek guidance & direction as needed.
- Effective prioritization skills with a focus on recognizing & meeting deadlines, handling multiple deals or transactions at once, while completing work accurately.
- Ability to generate leads & build trust with prospects over the phone, to exceed aggressive individuals, organizational goals, & close sales.
What youll get
- Health/dental/vision insurance100% coverage option
- 401K retirement savings plan with up to a 6% company match
- Vacation time
- Paid sick leave & holidays
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts
- All the equipment youll need to be successful
- Great colleagues & culture