Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about creating tactical & strategic plans for our core infrastructure & our data centers.
Reporting to the Director of Infrastructure Operations, the Data Center Capacity Analyst will ensure there are networked & powered racks always available & ready to receive servers, whether for customer facing products or for internal infrastructure.
You will do this by keeping a close eye on the available rack capacity & pulling together various internal teams to get more racks online as capacity runs out. You will also work with internal rack consumers like the Capacity team & various internal managers to plan for their requests for space & power.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Perform data center space planning by keeping track of rack availability & matching that to future rack space requirements from various internal teams
- Track & maintain data center contractual terms to support reporting & internal audit requirements
- Work with next generation platform (servers, networking, storage, data center design, etc.) teams to understand the impact of new technology & architecture on data center capacity
- Gather & incorporate requirements for both new data center space & expansions from internal DigitalOcean teams
- Aggregate product level capacity plans into master data center rack & power level plan
- Develop annual plans for data center capacity, space & power requirements
- Power utilization planning & analysis at various levels of electrical infrastructure
- Coordinate sequential plans consisting of equipment overbuilds, set implementation priorities, & timing
- Liaise with our data center providers on builds, expansions & contract renewals
- Manage data center monthly invoices to ensure accurate billing
- Routinely assess data center markets for market availability & forecast when additional data center capacity will be required
What Well Expect From You:
- Prior experience in a planning role, preferably at a data center or colocation company
- Working knowledge of fundamental data center resource constraints
- At least a basic understand of power infrastructure
- Knowledge of dependencies within & between data center resources design & equipment resiliency planning
- Strong analytical & communication skills, a risk mitigation mindset & exhibit appropriate levels of urgency
- Experience in interacting with data structures (using Excel and/or SQL) to build reports & make recommendations
- Experience with DCIM or other planning software utilities a plus
- Exposure toor interest incloud services, data center, networking & various types of server technology would be beneficial
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC & Cambridge & offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office & take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Infrastructure team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!