Guardant Healthis a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets & advanced analytics.The Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage our capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory & reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes & lower healthcare costs.
In pursuit of our goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease,Guardant Healthhas launched two liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360 & GuardantOMNI, for advanced stage cancer patients, & is developing programs for recurrence & early detection, called Project LUNAR. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360 has been used by more than 5,000 oncologists, over 40 biopharmaceutical companies & all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
About the role:
The Bioinformatics BioPharma team is responsible for the success of collaborations with 40+ biopharma partners across various cutting-edge translational research areas. In this role, you will help support the bioinformatics & data analysis necessary to generate & enhance these partnerships. You will work with a variety of BioPharma customers, tailor personalized analyses for each company, & tackle some of the most interesting biological & technical questions related to cutting-edge research in the pharmaceutical industry.
You will help drive internal projects forward for samples processed through our portfolio of ctDNA products, including Guardant360 & GuardantOMNI. As these partnerships grow, you will help scale the processes & tools necessary to analyze.
You will work closely with multiple teams across Guardant Health, including Bioinformatics, Software, Medical Affairs, Business Development, Technology Development, & Operations. You will gain first-hand experience working with experts in each of these areas to accomplish projects related to Guardant Health's BioPharma business.
You will work together with our collaborators in industry, hospitals & academia on high-impact translational research using Guardant Health tests & publish on your findings. You will have access to the unprecedented compendium of data collected at Guardant Health & you will be able to (and should be excited to!) leverage this data for tumor biology & technological insights.
- Extensive knowledge of cancer genomics & tumor biology
- Expertise in a scripting language - R and/or Python & linux shell environment
- Bonus: knowledge of Matlab/Perl and/or Java/C++
- Excellent data analysis skills
- Working knowledge of statistical methods
- Awareness & experience with current landscape of bioinformatics tools
- Great communication & presentation skills, ability to present clearly & effectively to stakeholders across organizations
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced startup environment
- Desire & ability to dig deeply through various data types to gain insights
- Self-starter: you take ownership over a project & are able to work independently/cross-functionally to get it done
- Strong team player: ability to work together with your team as well as cross-functionally, to accomplish your goals
PhD in bioinformatics, computational biology, cancer genomics or related fields, or M.S. plus 3+ years relevant experience
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health & how it is used, please review ourPrivacy Notice for Job Applicants.