Position:Market Strategy Analyst
Reports to:Senior Director, Market Intelligence
Appian is seeking an analytical market intelligence professional with excellent communication skills to join the Product Strategy team in the role of Market Strategy Analyst. In this critical role, you will research competitors, assist in developing Appians competitive positioning, & deliver competitive content that supports the companys sales, marketing, & product strategy organizations.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to accelerate his or her career by working with top professionals across sales, marketing & engineering. This is a highly visible role.This role reports into the office of the CTO.
- Perform primary & secondary research on Appians competitors.
- Maintain Appians knowledge base of competitive information.
- Create & update competitive marketing content. Create content that is aligned to the needs of buyers with a focus on executive & developer personas.
- Assist Appians sales organization in competitive sales situations with the latest competitive research & competitive sales tools.
- Deliver competitive training sessions to Appian sales & marketing organizations, & to Appians partners.
- Assist in developing a quarterly market analysis package that includes an analysis of competitor frequencies, win-rates, competitor financial analysis, & related market events & trends.
- Assist in managing a win/loss analysis program.
- Strong writing & presentation skills
- Some programming experience, ideally in a related technology
- Proven experience successfully managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong customer focus & organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadline constraints
- High level of competence with Microsoft Excel (or Tableau), & with Microsoft PowerPoint or Google Slides
- The candidate must successfully complete Appians Technical Academy training
- A BA/BS degree required
- Occasional travel is required (10% or less)
- Some experience in market intelligence, competitive intelligence, or business analysis is highly desirable
At Appian, you will help us build our award-winning PaaS product that enables business people to build cloud & mobile enterprise applications with flexible, visual models instead of custom code. Appian discovers & unites enterprise data, connects users through social & collaborative engagement in the context of business data, & provides the leading suite of business process technology to enable rapid application development & optimization in every industry.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker,Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.