Company Description|Job Description
Optimizely is the world's leader in customer experience optimization, allowing businesses to dramatically drive up the value of their digital products, commerce & campaigns through its best in class experimentation software platform. By replacing digital guesswork with evidence-based results, Optimizely enables product & marketing professionals to accelerate innovation, lower the risk of new features, & drive up the return on investment from digital by up to 10X. Over 26 of the Fortune 100 companies choose Optimizely to power their global digital experiences. Optimizely's impressive customer list includes eBay, FOX, IBM, The New York Times & many more global enterprises.
SREs at Optimizely are focused on making Optimizely the most reliable, performant & trustworthy Digital Experience Optimization platform ever. Our engineering teams have built data pipelines that process 10 billion events daily & applications that support powerful experimentation & collaboration workflows at scale. Our platforms are built on AWS & GCP. We use technologies such as Kafka, Samza, HBase, MySQL & Postgres. We build & manage our systems using TravisCI, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform & Chef. We use a combination of managed & self-hosted approaches. This is a unique opportunity to lead the engineering organization in areas of standardized automated infrastructure & service provisioning & orchestration, service-oriented architectural excellence, & forward-looking planning & execution of large technical projects.
What you will do
- Define a roadmap for all engineering teams to utilize fully automated, self-service, highly scalable, cost-efficient, observable, auditable & reliable infrastructure services as standard practice
- Drive the execution of this roadmap across the engineering organization, collaborating with SREs & senior engineers across engineering while also performing hands-on work on the most critical challenges
- Provide expert technical guidance & ongoing engineering design review to teams planning & implementing large migrations, service-oriented architecture, broad architectural shifts, & capacity growth
- Build a metrics-driven operational culture standardizing our practices for SLO definition & review as well as for logging, monitoring, alerting, & on-call practices
- Make iterative improvements to blameless incident management processes, root cause analyses, outage prevention, & service recovery strategies across the engineering organization
- Partner closely with Security, Quality, & Product teams to achieve high priority security, privacy, compliance, reliability & business-continuity objectives on our overall roadmap
- Propose & drive large improvements to production systems to achieve significant impact to our business & engineering teams
- Mentor & coach engineers to be curious & effective at discovering & solving technical challenges
- You have proven experience (10+ years) demonstrating hands-on technical leadership & business impact in combining software engineering skills with systems engineering skills to solve complex automation & reliability challenges
- You have deep technical experience with various cloud providers, containerization technologies, automated deployment frameworks, orchestration frameworks, monitoring, logging, alerting, system internals, networking, databases, distributed systems, & service-oriented architecture
- You have the skills to implement load, stress, performance & reliability testing standards at scale to improve service, platform & infrastructure resiliency
- You promote openness, diversity of opinions & inclusive discussions at all times to evaluate a wide variety of ideas & perspectives in solving challenging problems
- You demonstrate clear decision making & good trade-offs in complex situations comprising multiple opinions, needs, teams, technologies, cloud providers, & architectural settings
- You communicate effectively with stakeholders ranging from executives to junior engineers across the breadth & depth of the engineering organization
- You exemplify high accountability, integrity, & resilience to maintain focus on both big-picture goals & milestones to get there
- You enable the engineering organization to innovate & deliver with greater speed & safety
- Commuter & transportation benefits
- Catered in-office lunch & dinner on weekdays
- Full medical insurance with very low co-pay & deductible. HMO, PPO, & HSA options available
- Full dental coverage including orthodontics
- Full vision coverage including contacts
- Dependents 100% covered for medical, dental, & vision
- Wellness Grant
- Unlimited vacation policy & seventeen weeks of paid parental leave
- 401k benefit
- Working with a great team & having a huge impact!
At Optimizely, we embody inclusion & embrace diversity. Optimizely is an equal opportunity employer & makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Optimizely prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.