BuzzFeed (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture & commerce, our brands drive conversation & inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, & obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news & entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, & creative; & inspiring our audience to live better lives. We'll continue to recruit the best founders & creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks & HuffPost to come.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Complex Networks, HuffPost, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
HuffPost is a subsidiary of BuzzFeed
As part of our esteemed news organization, HuffPost is a leading source of award-winning news & commentary for the most diverse & connected generation ever with reporting spanning across politics, lifestyle, entertainment & more. HuffPost believes in putting people before power & telling the stories that too often go unheard, from the voices that matter.
Complex Networks is a subsidiary of BuzzFeed
Complex Networks is a global youth entertainment network spanning major pop culture categories including streetwear & style, food, music, sneakers & sports. Complex Networks is diversified around three pillars: advertising, e-commerce, & content where it creates & distributes original programming for Gen Z & Millennial audiences through premium distributors such as Netflix, Hulu, Turner, Corus, Facebook, Snap, YouTube, Roku & more. Additionally, Complex Networks generates revenue through a number of core business lines, including branded content & advertising, licensing, events, e-commerce, & agency consulting services.
BuzzFeed is looking for a curious, detail-oriented, analytical, & motivated individual to join our team as a Campaign Manager on the Ad Operations team. The position will focus on online ad trafficking & promotion of BuzzFeed display advertising, analyzing data trends to make optimization decisions, & recapping performance to ensure positive campaign results. This position will require daily interaction with other internal teams such as Account Management, Sales, Tech, & our external clients to ensure consistent & smooth delivery of all advertising campaigns. You will report to the Sr. Director of Ad Operations. This role can be NY or LA based.
- Manage execution & fulfillment of BuzzFeed Display & Video advertising according to media plans & client requirements.
- Optimize campaigns in Google Ad Manager while ensuring minimal discrepancies with any 3rd party tracking providers.
- Conduct data analysis on campaign performance & use findings to optimize campaigns.
- Perform thorough QA checks on ad creatives, & work with the Account Management team to resolve any issues or concerns.
- Assist with custom tech projects that increase workflow efficiencies & improve ad product performance.
- Assist with general ad operations projects such as maintaining benchmarks, specs, reporting templates & workflows
- Contribute to the development of new features & functionality for a constantly evolving ad product line.
- Strong desire to learn more about ad technologies & how publishers drive monetization.
- Previous experience in knowledge in client services, ad operations & serving solutions, especially Google Ad Manager.
- Familiarity with various third party ad server tags such as DCM, Sizmek, Flashtalking across display tags & video VAST tags, as well as third party verification platforms such as DoubleVerify, IAS, Moat.
- General understanding of common ad products, such as Rotational Display, Takeovers, Branded Content, & Pre-roll. Experience with YouTube is a plus.
- Highly analytical with strong quantitative reporting skills & a strong working knowledge of Excel.
- General understanding of Order Management Systems such as Boostr, Operative, etc.
- Ability to independently manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines.
- Experience & comfort in communicating with different audiences, tailoring messages accordingly.
- Ability to use creative thinking to resolve problems and/or roadblocks as they occur, & know when to escalate.
- Effective team player.
- High level of attention to detail & excellent organizational skills.
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelors Degree preferred.
Life at BuzzFeed
We celebrate inclusion & are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options.
- A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
We want all employees to feel safe & comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health & safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) & open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, & WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, & VT.