As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations & influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, & print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives & entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential & respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street, & Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, & Vox Media Studios produces & distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform & Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators & marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in Media, an Company of the Year, Digidays Best Company for Parents, & one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
About the Consumer Products Team
The Consumer Products team is at the forefront of building out sustainable new business lines focused on generating revenue directly from our relationship with readers. The team is looking for a Product Manager to partner with other Product Managers to manage our subscription & membership offerings. Goals include driving the evolution of New York Magazines subscription business, & assisting in the expansion of subscription & membership opportunities across Vox Media networks.
Product Managers work on cross-functional teams with product designers & dedicated developers both in the office & remotely. Were looking for strategic thinkers who are also ready to roll up their sleeves & help with QA, wireframes, project management, & user research. Our product managers are obsessively focused on getting to know our readers & their behavior through analyzing data, interviewing users, & running usability tests. Most importantly, they can effectively bring these insights back to their team & the company at large so the business can make smart decisions about where to focus. The best product managers are enthusiastic about Vox Medias journalism & products -- we want you to enjoy what you do!
What Youll Do
- Provide product support on a cross-functional team responsible for Vox Medias consumer revenue businesses, with a focus on New York Magazines subscription offering & the Vox Contributions program.
- Work closely with designers, engineers, analysts, community managers, & consumer marketing teams to deliver a seamless experience that drives new subscriptions, & retains our existing subscribers.
- Support a culture of experimentation & iteration to identify what works in the burgeoning subscription market.
- Apply data & user research to inform new product features & improvements.
- Develop & socialize product roadmaps aligned with organizational priorities & available resources, & work with developers & designers to execute.
- Lead training for staff on new products you create, & create & maintain product documentation.
- Communicate regularly with stakeholders & executives on project status, needs, & milestones.
What Youll Bring
- Minimum of two years of experience working with digital products; experience in media and/or supporting a subscription product a plus, but not required.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience.
- Interest in developing project management skills, including building timelines & roadmaps, resource allocation, & stakeholder communication.
- Interest in data management & analytics & willingness to grow these skills.
- General curiosity about how things work; you dont need to understand it all off the bat, but you want to figure it out.
- Familiar with technical concepts & design methodologies, willing to learn about emerging tech & product processes, & able to brainstorm with designers & engineers.
- Ability to break complex concepts down into simple, actionable steps for your team
- Good listener, clear communicator, passionate advocate for your products, & comfortable managing differences of opinion. People trust you & enjoy working with you.
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.