At GoCardless, were passionate about payments. Our vision is to provide businesses with the best way to collect recurring payments, wherever they & their customers are in the world.
Today, we help over 60,000 businesses take the pain out of getting paid, so they can focus on what they do best. And through our partnerships with over 200 software providers such as Xero, Zuora, Salesforce & Quickbooks, more & more businesses are benefiting from our unique global payments platform every day. We process $15bn of payments a year across more than 30 countries, powering recurring payments for businesses worldwide, from multinational corporations to small businesses.
Were headquartered in the UK, & backed by some of the worlds leading investors including Google Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Balderton Capital, Accel Partners, Notion Capital & Bain Capital. Over 500 employees worldwide have decided to develop their careers with us. Weve built a friendly, collaborative culture where we hire & develop people who share our desire to do work we can be proud of. We value learning & feedback, & support colleagues to develop in their role & more broadly in their career.
Youll own growing strategic partnerships with global software platforms who serve the Global SMB market at high scale. You will own a small portfolio of highly strategic, high value & fast growing partners who have the potential to grow exponentially with GoCardless.
You will strengthen & build relationships across the organisation, including with executives & senior leadership in all functional areas. Working with these stakeholders, you will secure growth commitments & lead on the development of go-to-market strategies to deliver significant growth on a global scale.
You will independently develop & execute against your business development plan, leading on all aspects including commercial negotiation & product solution design, where you will have the support of our Solution Engineering & Product Development teams. You will oversee execution of go-to-market initiatives in conjunction with a dedicated Partner Marketing team & local country teams.
This is a high impact & high visibility role in which you will ensure alignment of the GoCardless team across multiple markets, functions & our leadership team. As a senior member of the organisation you will also play a leading role in the continued development of Partnerships globally at GoCardless.
We have a strong track record in developing & growing global, high impact partnerships & you will be accountable for building on this to deliver a step change in our impact.
This role will ideally be hybrid remote/office based in London.
What will you be doing?
- Own the growth of our largest partnerships on a global scale
- Independently build an effective partner account plan including identifying, prioritising & overseeing the execution of both strategic & short-term initiatives
- Develop relationships with senior stakeholders & executives both internally & externally, influencing as required to reach mutually beneficial objectives
- Independently build & execute against a business development plan to grow global partnerships which have a strategic impact on GoCardless
- Lead on the negotiation of new agreements, including complex partner agreements at a global level
- Work with partners to build best-in-class technical solutions & continually improve existing integrations, with support from our Solutions Engineering & Product teams as required
- Build & lead on go-to-market partner plans, including identifying opportunities, securing commitments & working with our Partner Marketing team to oversee execution
- Work cross functionally within GoCardless to agree, develop & execute against growth plans, independently coordinating multiple teams worldwide
- Regularly report on performance & key drivers internally & externally, including to executive stakeholders
- Play a leading role in driving the continued development of the Partnerships Function
- You have substantial experience working in strategic partnerships in the B2B tech environment & can demonstrate significant success in developing & growing commercial relationships at a global scale
- You have strong relationship & stakeholder management skills, including significant experience working with & influencing external executives. You can work independently with a range of functions internally & externally
- You are commercially astute with strong quantitative & analytical skills. You enjoy independently digging into data & using feedback from partners to identify & execute on growth opportunities
- You act like an owner. Youre entrepreneurial, love seeing projects through & take a proactive approach to problem solving
- Youre a natural project manager, able to independently co-ordinate cross functional resources & balance competing priorities, including highly complex global initiatives
- You are comfortable learning a highly technical product. Whilst you wont need to code, we will expect you to enjoy working with product teams internally & externally
- You have experience leading negotiations with partners, & can demonstrate examples of leading large contract negotiations end-to-end
- You have experience working in a global organisation & managing global external relationships
- You are open to travel & attending events as a GC ambassador
- You are ambitious, driven, high-energy & engaging. You inspire others to work with you
- Ideal: You have experience leading virtual teams & direct line management experience, ideally within a global or matrix organisation
- Ideal: you have experience working with small business software: ideally accounting, fintech banking or invoicing
- Ideal: You have experience working within the payments industry
Life at GoCardless
Diversity is hugely important to us & we welcome applications from those with disabilities & from under-represented backgrounds. Throughout our hiring & onboarding process we make any reasonable adjustments necessary to create a level playing field & continually look at how we can improve in this area. We also have active employee resource groups (such a BEAM & Rainbow) that are supported & sponsored by members of our Exec team; they work to engage & inspire our employees on diversity & inclusion topics throughout the year.
We offer flexible working hours & remote working arrangements, enhanced parental leave & pension packages. Youll also receive equity, because we believe having this buy in is a vital part of building a successful business where everybody - regardless of their role - can make a valuable contribution.
Here at GoCardless we value flexibility, & throughout the challenges of the Covid-19 pandemic we've listened to our global GeeCees to gain a better understanding of the positives & negatives of working remotely (which we've been doing since March 2020).
Their feedback helped us develop our 'Adaptive Working' model, rolling out mid to late 2021. It's built around three components: days in the office, remote working, & enhanced environments. This means teams will be able to come into a GC office between one & three days per week for collaboration & teamwork, with the rest spent working remotely to enable a healthy work/life balance. Well also be reimagining our office environments so they enhance the collaboration & socialisation aspects our GeeCees told us they value most highly.
We continually review this approach in conjunction with the changing restrictions in each of our locations; additionally we offer support to maintain wellbeing & comfort, including subsidised home office equipment, workstation assessments & a range of remote social activities you can dip in & out of whenever you fancy.
Find out more about Life at GoCardless via Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.