We create a safe space for communities to thrive.
OpenWeb is on a mission to increase the quality of conversations online. We build technologies that create thriving & engaged communities, reduce toxicity, & increase safety - improving the quality of civil discourse & supporting independent journalism. Today, OpenWeb works with more than 700 top-tier publishers (including News Corp, Verizon Media, CBS, Fox News, Hearst, Refinery 29 & more) & hosts 100 million monthly active users.
Founded in 2012, OpenWeb has over 100 employees between New York City & Tel Aviv. We are backed by world-class investors including Insight Partners, Index Ventures, AltaIR Capital, ScaleUp, & Norma Investments. Together, we are empowering individuals to take action, & demand more from one another. Were crafting technology that naturally brings people together & fosters healthy discussionso they have more dinner-table talks & less shouting matches online. It starts with us. Lets take the web back from the trolls - together. Are you in?
Responsibilities & Requirements
OpenWeb is looking for a dynamic Social Media Editor & Content Lead to manage our social platforms, create, develop, & launch engaging content, & to grow our brand & audiences. The ideal candidate is passionate about online discourse, the business of publishing, & journalism, & has a knack for creating content that gets shared & loved. This person is driven, culturally savvy, & has a deep understanding of social media tactics & practices. They have built communities, are detail-oriented, & understand how to engage influencers & business prospects on social platforms. You will have significant autonomy to own your channels, & be expected to deliver a continuous stream of quality, thought-provoking content, engagement, & growth to support our products, partners, & brand efforts.
- Own & manage OpenWeb social channels, including creating the strategy, writing posts, measuring, optimizing, & driving exponential growth for our audiences & engagement
- Own & manage OpenWebs blog & content marketing efforts, providing high quality written thought leadership pieces & assets like eBooks & Resources.
- Support & drive other marketing initiatives & communications efforts, & build content intended for targeted audiences.
- Adopt our brand voice & guidelines, & amplify it through social media posts, replies, & interactions.
- Create & share weekly reports & highlights, manage monitoring & posting software, & adjust as needed
- Prepare required assets for all communications, marketing, & channel specific campaigns & optimize them for sharing & impact
- Work with freelance design & copywriters on specific campaigns/assets, & know your way around Canva & photoshop for templated assets
- Deliver exponential growth across all channels, elevate the brand to our audiences
- Create & provide materials for ABM usage, & support the marketing team as needed
- You have managed social media for a brand (B2B or B2C) and/or creating editorial content for a minimum of 4 years
- You can lend your strong knowledge of the latest social media technologies & best practices or hacks
- You have creative vision as well as exceptional written & communication skills
- You are a natural self starter & a team player
- You thrive in a fast paced environment, where you are juggling multiple projects & priorities
The OpenWeb Culture
We offer a dynamic & unconventional work environment that spans from NYC to Tel Aviv, bringing together a diverse group of world class & high-caliber techies, wordsmiths, entrepreneurs, & creative thinkers. We empower every individual across our global team to be a catalyst for change & strive to create a work environment where you can have the utmost autonomy over your role & projects, from start to finish. If you want to join an innovative tech company where you can challenge yourself, have the freedom to own your work, & make a lasting impact, then you have a spot within our growing community!
OpenWeb is committed to building diverse teams & upholding an equal employment workplace that is free from discrimination. We hire amazing individuals regardless of their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, medical conditions, genetic information, disability, or Veteran status.
Build your skills with us as you build a better web for everyone. Join us!
Also, we care about your privacy! Please take a moment to review OpenWebs Privacy Practice