Were looking for a B2B Communications Manager with a passion for digital media & communications to join the Communications team, within Group Nine Media! As a member of the Communications team, you will be responsible for the day-to-day B2B public relations efforts for the companys brands, The Dodo, NowThis News, PopSugar, Seeker, & Thrillist. This will include working closely with different departments to thoughtfully develop PR opportunities, securing trade press with advertising, media, business & tech-focused outlets on behalf of Group Nines brands. Youll be based in our New York office & report to the Director of Corporate Communications.
The Communications Manager will lead by example in demonstrating Group Nines values - Care Deeply, Be Brave, Go First, Do Good, Stay Close & Win Together.
WHAT YOULL DO:
- Develop a deep understanding of the companys brands & corporate services teams (sales, studios, brand development, experiential, data insights, product)
- Work closely with all teams to identify proactive storytelling opportunities
- Manage day-to-day media relations (proactive pitching & reactive handling)
- Draft communications materials including press releases, media pitches, executive talking points, branding materials, media lists, etc.
- Identify & manage award submissions for campaigns, platform strategies, talent & brand initiatives
- Pitch company executives for commentary in media publications & speaking opps at key B2B conferences/events
- Stay up-to-date on advertising & marketing trade press to identify storytelling opportunities, inform outreach strategies & build proactive relationships
- Drive updates for teams editorial/awards calendars, stat sheets & brand one pagers
- Maintain Group Nines corporate social media channels
- Oversee daily press clips with department assistant
- 4+ years experience in public relations, either at an agency or in-house, with a proven record of pitching & securing advertising/trade press
- Well-established relationships with reporters at leading media outlets across advertising/marketing trade, business, media & tech, etc.
NICE TO HAVES: (OPTIONAL SECTION)
- Exceptional organizational skills & ability to multitask
- Great attitude with a roll up your sleeves & get the job done work ethic
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment & turn around assignments quickly
- Superior oral & written communication skills with a meticulous attention to detail
- Strong analytical & critical thinking skills
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Expected to interact with executives at all levels
- Proficient in Google Suite
About Group Nine:
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nines brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news & politics brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, May 2020]; The Dodo, the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, November 2019]; POPSUGAR, the #1 most engaged-with Womens Lifestyle site in the U.S. [Comscore, February 2020]; Thrillist, the most-trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; & Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critics Choice, among others.
Why Work at Group Nine
We are committed to diversity, equity & inclusion. As part of our larger DE&I strategy, every employee goes through a series of DE&I training. We have incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), with the support of our Head of DE&I & executive sponsors, that host everything from weekly safe space chats to community events.
We have amazing people. We can promise youll work alongside some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. Bottom line: we care about each other & we take our values seriously.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental & vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. Weve partnered with best-in-class virtual care providers to bring health care, mental health support & meditation to all employees. Additionally, knowing that time away from work is integral to employee well-being, our time off allowances (consisting of vacation, sick, company holidays, volunteer & religious observances), ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted.
We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better once youre here.