The Squarespace Delivery Team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to take a stabilized CI/CD pipeline & make it rock solid. The Delivery Team manages the Squarespace code & artifact storage, the pipelines that produce & deploy code to the datacenters, & the security & resiliency of all of those pieces.
You'll join a team of Software Engineers spread across two time zones (Ireland & East Coast, US) who maintain the CI/CD ecosystem at Squarespace. The team's mission statement is to make deploying code painless & enjoyable.
You will report to the Delivery Engineering Manager. & will be a full-time engineer in either our New York office or remote in East Coast, US.
We have introduced our Flexible Work Philosophy for Squarespace employees, which you can find on our career page. For those who will work out of our offices 1-5 days a week, we have also introduced a detailed return to office approach to guarantee a safe return for our Squarespace employees. The safety of our people is our top priority & we will continue to monitor the status of COVID19.
You'll Get To
- Lead infrastructure projects from start to finish, collaborating across the entire engineering organization.
- Communicate, collaborate, & educate - & get thanked for it.
- Establish goals & processes to ensure infrastructure stability & resiliency with an eye toward CI/CD.
- Refine the processes by which code is passed from the repository to production.
- Participate in the Infrastructure-wide steering committee, setting infrastructure standards across the company.
- Bring Squarespace's CI/CD system out of the early aughts, & finish transforming it from lovingly-hand-crafted & artisanal to mass-produced & replicable.
- Destroy legacy code.
- Encourage cross-team engagement, & mentor teammates.
Who We're Looking For
- 1+ years of experience with GCP & Kubernetes
- 5+ years of experience with any programming language (we can teach you Go)
- A willingness to share expertise, & document everything.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pretax commuter benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 7 Employee Resource Groups across locations
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free lunch & snacks
- Private rooftop
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building & ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand & transact with their customers in an impactful & beautiful online presence. Our products allow anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects & businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, & scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold & hospitality business management through Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to outstanding design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries & territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California & Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.