Who are we?
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities & public spaces, with products that bridge the digital & physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information & content to enrich our everyday journeys & elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with groundbreaking technology to design, develop, deliver, & maintain unique products & experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, & consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting & travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents & visitors, or private developers to craft unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods & districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
What is the Role?
We are looking for an experienced Product/UX Designer to join our team of product managers & engineers & help bring compelling new products to life. Youll work on UX/UI design for all aspects of our product ecosystem, including traditional mobile & web applications as well as city-scale IoT, enterprise software & data management platforms. Our ideal candidate has a proven track record of solving complex interaction problems across multiple platforms & interface modalities. She or he has an eye for detail & possesses a strong blend of systems, interaction & visual design skills.
- Work with product managers to discover user-centered needs, refine product requirements & identify ideal user flows to bring compelling new products to life
- Create & deliver scalable design components for the companys SaaS solutions & mobile products
- Communicate & collaborate closely with our engineering team across geographies
- Conduct user testing & design QA to ensure our new products & features are a success
Youre great for this role because:
- You have 3-5+ years of professional UX/UI Design experience creating digital experiences, services, & applications.
- Can show us an excellent on-line portfolio showcasing user experience & visual design work for desktop, mobile & touch devices.
- Thrive at communicating design concepts & visualizing system flows through sketches & wireframes
- Are able to develop rapid prototypes, experiments, & lead user research/product testing at different levels of fidelity
- Are experienced with using Sketch, Zeplin, Invision, & other design tools to create & deliver polished design components & communicate with engineers
- Have worked with large design systems
- Experienced at designing SaaS / enterprise software & familiar with Bootstrap / React
- Have deep expertise of user-centered design principles & an empathetic design approach
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Highly professional, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer