Come see whats cookin at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient & exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world & we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services & were growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, & international, & our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
Our Backend Engineers assume development & operational responsibility for the HelloFresh platform that serves millions globally to deliver the best experience for our customers & internal users.
- Take ownership of the architecture, design, development, deployment & operations of the microservices you will develop, using DevOps practices, pair programming & other cutting edge methodologies
- Be active, solution-oriented member of autonomous, cross-functional agile teams collaborating with Product Owners, Front-end Engineers, Designers, & Business Intelligence teams
- Participate in bi-weekly Chapter Days to take part in exploratory initiatives & to share knowledge & trends with the engineering department
- Having an in-depth understanding of HelloFreshs core product & architecture, & act as ambassador for software solutions offering support & mentorship to colleagues
- Work with state-of-the-art technologies like Kafka, RabbitMQ, Spark, Kubernetes, Istio, & more
At a minimum you have
- Solid back-end experience within Microservice architecture using Golang
- Experience working with Docker & container orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes
- As well as experience in CI/CD methods & practices
- Practical experience of TDD, BDD, DDD & distributed architectural patterns
- Background working with event-driven architectures using RabbitMQ and/or Kafka
- Experienced in end-to-end development processes, including unit, integration & functional testing, distributed architecture, application tuning/profiling, & continuous integration
- Experience working with relational & document databases, including PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB
- You thrive in the opportunity to collaborate & mentor team members, while also sharing practical knowledge & trends
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium & other flexible health plans
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- When in office; snacks, cold brew & monthly catered lunches
- Company sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.