The Sustainability Intern will collaborate with both internal & external stakeholders on data collection & organization to support the corporate program implementation helping establish Chobani’s baseline & future goals in sustainability.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Collect, organize & report data for the following areas:
- GHG emissions (scope 1, 2, 3)
- Waste to landfill information
- Work with the Sustainabilty team to prepare information to submit to global programs including, but not limited to:
- Science Based Target initiative
- Carbon Disclosure Program (CDP)
- TRUE Zero Waste Standard
- Perform other duties as appropriate
The requirements of this position include:
- Course work in Environmental Science, Sustainability or equivalent
- Strong Microsoft Office skills with advanced proficiency in MS Excel or other similar data analysis software
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong communication skills both verbal & via written word. (reports, e-mail, presentations ideal)
- Effectively prioritize & execute tasks, conforming to shifting priorities, demands & timelines
- Self-motivated team player with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Since our founding 10 years ago, we’ve always been a different kind of company. After moving to New York from his native Turkey, our CEO Hamdi Ulukaya found that in America, yogurt just wasn’t as delicious or widely available as it was back home. He thought everyone deserved better options, so he set about making delicious, nutritious, natural, & accessible Greek Yogurt right here in the U.S.
Our mission since day one has been to provide better food to more people. And now as the No. 1-selling Greek Yogurt brand in America & the second largest overall yogurt manufacturer, we believe every food maker has a responsibility to provide people with better options, which is why we’re so proud of the way our food is made.
Our food philosophy of crafting quality products with simple ingredients is what makes Chobani a different kind of yogurt. Our belief that business done right has the ability to change lives & strengthen communities is what makes Chobani a different kind of company. From the way we source our ingredients to how we treat our employees, Chobani strives to make universal wellness happen sooner with everything we do. Certified as a Great Place to Work® for the last two years, our culture is built on shared passion, dedication, & a commitment to doing what is right. Together, the Chobani family has created something unlike what any company has done before. The possibilities are endless.
Chobani is an equal opportunity employer. Chobani will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any basis including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics & genetic information, or any other classification protected by federal, state & local laws.