As Strategy Associate, you will establish microtransit as a new, smart mode of public transit. By leading the development of complex commercial proposals for cities & transit providers around the world, you will leverage your deep understanding of potential partners transportation challenges & goals, & apply your knowledge of Vias unique technical & operational strengths, to scope & design thoughtful & effective shared mobility services.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Lead competitive procurements from beginning to end -- through evaluation, content creation, review, & submission.
- Apply your strategic thinking skills & work closely with Vias Finance & Expansion Teams to create context-specific service plans & customized pricing & budgeting proposals.
- Conduct rigorous research on global mobility trends by analyzing news & other forms of information & synthesizing findings into insightful commentary.
- Generate compelling original content by closely ascertaining a partner's needs & deploying your familiarity with Vias technology & operational capabilities, transit norms, & the latest innovations from across the industry.
- Oversee document flow to ensure responsiveness, adherence to quality standards, & legal compliance.
- Skillfully manage communications with procurement officials over the phone & email.
- Support senior team members during off-site proposal interviews.
- An exceptional writer with an instinctive appreciation for tone & structure; your colleagues have told you that they enjoy reading your work (and maybe youve even won awards).
- Socially-minded, action-oriented, & passionate about urbanism; you understand the importance of public transit & are motivated to improve worldwide access to mobility.
- Meticulous & strategic; you can pay attention to every detail in a complex proposal while, at the same time, relate each of them to the big picture in a coherent way.
- A record of academic achievement, preferably in the humanities, social sciences, or another field that required regular long-form writing (undergraduate degree required, advanced degree preferred).
- Prior experience at a startup, consulting firm, or in a leadership role is a plus.
- Fully fluent reading, writing, & speaking capabilities in English & French required (other European languages a plus.
At ViaVan, we're on the cutting edge of mobility. A joint venture between Via, the world's leading developer & provider of on-demand mass transit technology, & Daimler (Mercedes-Benz), the world's preeminent automotive company, ViaVan is transforming the way people get around. From on-demand buses in London to the world's largest publicly operated electric shuttle fleet in Berlin, ViaVan's sophisticated mobility operating system is powering transportation in Europe's biggest cities & is sought after by prominent transportation players across the continent. We've provided more than 6 million shared rides since our launch in 2017, & we're growing at an astonishing rate. We have offices in London, Berlin, & Amsterdam, projects in over a dozen markets, & a goal of hundreds of deployments within the next two years. If you're someone who relishes wearing multiple hats, is passionate about building the next generation of mobility technology, & never backs down from a challenge, we want to hear from you!
Via offers above market compensation packages & benefits, including equity, health insurance, & relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.