WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, & web. Customers, including Seamless, HBO, Disney, Urban Outfitters, & Venmo use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands & consumers in a more authentic & human way. And we do it at scale each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019. The company has also been named on the Forbes Cloud 100 Magazines 2019 Best Places to Work, & Crain's 2019 Best Places to Work in NYC lists.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a People Business Partner, you will serve as a trusted resource & confidant to employees, a strategic consultant to management on employee relations issues, & lead human resources initiatives. You will be empowered to have direct ownership over a variety of projects & work. This role will be based at our San Francisco office & is an awesome opportunity to bring your people relations experience to a fast-growing tech company.
Here are some of the things youll do:
- Provide guidance & assistance to management on a broad range of HR policies & compliance, practices, & programs
- Act as a thought partner with managers to improve departmental people-related priorities
- Advise employees by taking a consultative approach to help them enhance their working relationships, plan & execute on their career goals, & be impactful & successful contributors to the Braze team
- Serve as an initial point of contact & intermediary for managers & employees, & offer advice, counseling, & training on employee relations matters
- Be both an advocate for employees and a champion for the business
- Work hand-in-hand with leadership & management to diagnose organizational design & development needs; increase employee motivation, engagement, productivity, & retention; recommend & implement solutions to continuously build morale; & drive our engaging & exciting culture!
- Coach leadership & management on workforce & succession planning to identify & take action on critical talent
- Evaluate training programs & determine training needs for both individuals & teams
- Analyze workforce trends utilizing technology & data with the People Operations team
- Build & implement people-focused programs that align with Brazes mission, values, culture, & goals
- Serve as a valued partner to other People team functions (People Operations, Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development, & Operational Excellence)
WHO YOU ARE
Youre a highly-motivated, enthusiastic, & passionate HR practitioner who is able to balance the needs of the business with the needs of our people!
Specifically, you have:
- 1-2+ years of specific HR business partner experience (start-up/tech industry experience preferred, supporting a non-headquarters regional office)
- 3-5+ years of full-time professional work experience (business & HR experience preferred)
- A strong understanding & experience with HR best practices & employee relations
- Excellent verbal & written communication, & cross-functional collaboration skills
- A strategic mindset and a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude -- no task is too small for you
- Ability to deal with ambiguity & be adaptable as situations require
- Robust multitasking skills & comfort wearing many hats at once
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work & life
- Free daily lunch & fully stocked kitchen with snacks & beverages
- Excellent medical, dental, & vision coverage for you & your dependents
- Life insurance, commuter benefits, & parental leave plans
- Collaborative, transparent, & fun loving office culture
In addition, this position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.