Contentsquare is a global SaaS technology company that empowers brands to build better digital experiences for all. Not to brag but… we have been recognized by Gartner as one of the four most innovative e-commerce technologies in the world, & featured in Wired Magazine as one of Europe's hottest startups.
Contentsquare has 8 main offices across the world (Paris, NYC, London, Tel Aviv, Munich, Tokyo, Singapore & San Francisco) with 750+ clients globally including many accounts from the global Fortune 100. We've been experiencing tremendous growth as our team has grown from ~300 to over 850+ employees globally, & raised a $500M Series E funding in May 2021, the biggest total VC funding ever for a French start-up! This announcement garnered more than 350 media placements globally.
We can tell you that this growth is not going to stop here as we are anticipating to hire 1,500+ positions globally within the next few years & are looking for talented people like you - unique, ambitious, & enthusiastic - to join us & help us continue to innovate & improve user experience. YOU keep us going & your creativity drives us to be a better company. Come join the #CSquad family!
At ContentSquare we want to build an optimization engine that informs our customers on how to create the best digital experiences for their users, in real-time & for each specific user.
To do so we're working on modelling user experience quality through a deep analysis of their digital behaviours thanks to the billions of interaction & navigation data points that we collect with our tag.
These behaviours happen in a digital environment that is different from one client to another. As part of our Digital Assets Contextualization stream, we aim at characterizing these environments in a unified & structured way.
Solving these challenges is a key requirement for us to build this user experience optimization engine. The stakes & visibility are high as many future initiatives in the Data Science team & beyond will depend on the success of the stream's projects.
Here are some examples of projects in the Digital Assets Contextualization scope that we're currently working on:
• Detection of page type for a website
• Detection of functional elements within a web page (eg search bar, CTAs)
• Detection of changes (structural, design, content) within a web page
The stream is currently made up of 4 highly-skilled data scientists / machine learning engineers & will be strongly growing in the coming months. In total there are 17 people in the broader Data Science team.
As Data Science Manager for this stream, you will report to ContentSquare global head of Data Science.
- Roadmap & Delivery
• Own the Digital Assets Contextualization stream roadmap
• Align roadmap projects & scoping with product priorities with head of products
• Be accountable for the Digital Assets Contextualization projects delivery
• Act as the right-hand man for the head of Data Science in refining the Data Science vision
• Interact with the right people in & outside the Data Science team to remove blockers
• Frame stream's projects in collaboration with the head of Data Science
• Interact with other streams team leads & Data Science tech leads to identify synergies across projects from different streams
• Identify the resources needed in other teams (product, R&D) to ensure that projects bring value to the product
• Validate tech designs / tech choices (with support of tech leads if needed) in alignment with the rest of R&D when needed
• Take into account & sets focus of the team on infra costs optimization when designing tech solutions
• Set an industrialization mindset in the team & collaborates with R&D tech leads (especially on the Data Engineering side) to align processes & guidelines (eg on branching & deploy strategies)
• Make sure code reviews within the stream are efficient (both on quality & velocity)
- Team Management & Organization
• Assist the head of Data Science defining the right organization for the team
• Structure the DAC stream activities
• Design cross-stream collaboration processes with the head of Data Science & other team leads
• Animate DAC stream instances
• People management (objective setting, reviews, 1:1, promotions etc)
• Solve people issues at team level
• Understand individual & team challenges & suggests ways to successfully overcome them
• Manage resources & assign responsibilities to team members (capacity planning)
• Make sure the stream is staffed with the right amount of resources
• Be involved in the hiring process
• Communicate / update the stream members on the DAC stream vision & roadmap
• Proactively communicate on project status, stream's achievements, next milestones etc
• Give exposure to the team internally & externally
• 5 years+ managing teams of data scientists / machine learning engineers
• Experience in hiring & leading highly skilled engineers
• Experiences in high paced environments preferred
• Track record of successfully overseeing complex & high impact data science projects from exploration to production
• Ability to balance effort between short term deliveries & long term vision
• Strong understanding of ML principles & limitations
• Strong organizational skills, time management, & program management skills
• Strong verbal & written communication skills, ability to convey rigorous mathematical & statistical concepts & considerations to non-experts