Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, & Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman & CEO) & Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine's list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud ERP software for our nation's cities, counties, & state agencies. We have surpassed 1,000+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective & accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2021 Top Workplaces USA award winner!
OpenGov seeks to expand its proven Professional Services (PS) team with an experienced ETL Engineer to deliver quality integration processes for our customers. The PS team is focused on making our 2000+ government organizations wildly successful. This role will be responsible for turning technical integration designs into robust Extract-Transform-Load integration layer processes using industry-standard tools, languages & methods between OpenGov & third-party systems. The ETL Engineer will be a hands-on technologist who will understand data storage, modelling, architectural & testing concerns & will use this knowledge to deliver results that will delight our customers.
• Building reliable ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) processes to facilitate data transfers between homogeneous or heterogeneous source & target systems.
• Should have practical hands-on experience of ETL platform(s) such as Snaplogic (preferred), MuleSoft, Informatica, Talend, Pentaho
• Familiarity with industry standard ETL tools such as SQL, Scripting Language(s), Data modelling techniques, Relational & NoSQL Database engineering & configuration
• Should have at least two years of experience in coding in at least one programming language (Java & Python preferred)
• ETL Testing & Troubleshooting: after setting up the system, the ETL Engineer must test it to ensure that it is operating smoothly & fix any issues that may arise. Such system tests can be carried out by testing the unit Data Models, system performance test, uploading / downloading / querying speed tests, Data Flow Validations, etc.
• To build repeatable documentation assets to enable implementation teams to take advantage of pre-built assets
• To identify data storage requirements, determine the storage needs of the customer. A high-level view of the data situation is required to choose the best available options.
• Help develop a repository of ETL knowledge out of the on-going work with customers & utilize that to enhance the quality, speed, & productivity of the team.
Requirements & Preferred Experience:
• At least 3 years of experience in a role encompassing industry-standard ETL development techniques
• Proven experience with ETL & database technologies.
• An understanding of SaaS solutions & Cloud technologies.
• A detailed technical understanding of disparate data sources & targets
• Deep technical knowledge of data validation, cleansing, transformation, consolidation, de-duplication, aggregation, de-aggregation, enrichment
• Knowledge of data transactional requirements, business logic pertaining to commit & rollback cycles & how to implement to preserve the integrity of related data elements in financial & similar systems
• Experience with data analysis & profiling of source data while developing / building robust ETL processes
• An understanding of how to build ETL processes for scale & performance to meet promised SLAs
• To build ETL processes that apply to data migration & data integration scenarios, to know their key differences
• Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing product & respond strategically to customer needs.
• Strong interpersonal skills & a track record of building collaborative relationships.
• Strong organizational & multitasking skills with ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects
• Experience with API level testing
• Experience with Agile & Scrum methodologies
• Adeptness at writing actionable bug reports using software like Jira
• Proficiency at balancing multiple efforts simultaneously & meeting strict deadlines