ACV Auctions launched into the auto re-marketing world in 2015 & has been revolutionizing the auction world ever since. The team has been growing exponentially & experiencing unprecedented success as we continue to gain market share across the country. The company has secured considerable investment from some of the worlds top investors. ACV is the leader re-inventing the way the automotive industry buys & sells used vehicles. Our employees benefit from an entrepreneurial environment where hard work is recognized & rewarded. As part of the ACV family, youll have an impact on the companys results from day one & can grow as ACV Auctions does.
Who we are looking for
ACV Auctions is looking to add aRegional Director of Salesto our team! This person will report to our AVP of Sales & is responsible for leading a team of Territory Sales Managers within an assigned region. The main focus is to grow the number active dealerships driving transaction & revenue growth in that defined region.You will work closely with ACV Auctions senior management to identify opportunities, follow up with national clients, & expand & refine ACV Auctions offerings to dealers.
The Regional Director of Sales will cover ourNorthRegion. This area is subject to change and/or expand.
What you will do
- Responsibilities will include managing a significant opportunity pipeline to guarantee success & regional growth.
- Maintain sales staff & their professional & technical knowledge by recruiting, selecting, orienting, & training employees.
- Assist sales representatives with maintaining customer relationships & negotiating & closing deals.
- Maintain & expand customer base by counseling the Territory Manager & VCI teams; building & maintaining rapport with key customers; identifying new customer opportunities.
- Lead sales team through communication of performance expectations, providing direct support as needed to sales staff through participation in sales calls or related activities, coaching sales staff to enhance their effectiveness, & holding them accountable for results.
- Use Salesforce & other internal solutions to effectively to manage & document activities & opportunities.
- Review market analysis to determine customer needs, & call on customers in an effort to develop new business.
- Work with SVP of Sales & Marketing in planning sales & promotions. Establish sales objectives by directing sales forecasting activities & setting performance goals to increase auction business. Represent ACV at trade association meetings & deliver sales presentations to key clients.
- Meet or exceed assigned monthly, quarterly, & annual revenue sales goals as set by the region & or division
- Build trusted relationships with decision makers at the dealership; Dealer Principals, Controllers, & General Managers
- Travel approximately 50%through the territory.
- Prepare & present monthly/quarterly sales reports & submit your findings & analysis to senior executives.
What you will need
- A minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years of proven field sales leadership experience and/or one year of demonstrated Sales success as an employer with ACV is required.
- Experience in the automotive industry
- Automotive Retail/Wholesale, preferably Auto B2B sales
- Management experience offield reps selling into dealerships
- 4-yeardegree (preferred)
- Proven ability to achieve sales quotas
- Strong understanding of customer & market dynamics & requirements
- Willingness to travel
- Excellent communication, persuasion, & negotiation skills
- Able to operate independently
- Must have a clean driving record with current & valid driver's license
*These time-frames may vary based on the candidates ability to demonstrate required knowledge/skills/experiences, provided an equivalent combination of formal education, training & directly related job experience.
What we will offer
- Competitive salary & benefits
- Upbeat Innovated Culture
- Flexible schedules
- A chance to get in on the ground floor with a startup that is taking off!
ACV Auctions is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) & all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Hiring is contingent on a satisfactory background check as permitted by law. Any falsification of your application or any other hiring materials is grounds for rescinding an offer or termination of employment.