What you'll do:
- Manage daily accounting operations, creating scalable processes to ensure all financial information is properly captured, reconciled & documented
- Lead & continue to build our world-class team of accounting professionals focused on accuracy, efficiency, scale & cross functional partnership
- Create & implement accounting policies that fit our business ensuring tight controls across the organization
- Oversee the monthly close process to issue timely & accurate monthly, quarterly & annual financial statements in accordance with US GAAP
- Collaborate with senior leadership on financial strategy, budgeting, & accounting policies
- Lead the implementation of an ERP system
- Manage year-end external audit providing detailed & accurate workpapers & documentation to outside accountants
- Support outside accountants in annual tax filings
- Work with corporate bankers to ensure monthly reporting requirements are met
Who You Are:
- 10+ years combined experience in auditing (ideally in the Big 4) & in a corporate accounting role
- Minimum 3 years operating in a corporate accounting role
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Strong technical accounting knowledge (e.g. revenue recognition, stock-based comp, etc.)
- Experience with physical inventory
- Previous experience with QuickBooks required, Netsuite is a plus, including chart of accounts & GL management
- Ability to navigate a highly cross-functional organization & create a culture of collaboration between accounting & the rest of the company
- Highly motivated with positive, entrepreneurial spirit & ability to wear many hats as the Accounting & Finance functions evolve
- CPA license
- Demonstrated experience in establishing internal controls in a small company or startup environment
- Direct experience building accounting & operational finance processes, systems & teams for a growth company
- Experience working at a tech or e-commerce company
- Strong ERP experience & a history of overseeing Accounting teams
- Unlimited Daily Harvest to keep you hustling, not hangry
- Access to everything we make (including recipes in development)
- A dynamic, ambitious, & fun work environment
- Competitive medical, dental, & vision benefits
- Flexible time-off policy
About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits & vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. Were on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Since launching in 2015, Daily Harvest has been featured in national publications like Fast Company, The New York Times, & Refinery29, & garnered investments from celebrities like Gwyneth Paltrow, Serena Williams, & Bobby Flay.
Our team is collaborative, driven, & future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, & iterating, & celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, & we get things done. We love adaptogens & cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table & believe in a collaborative & inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles & apply across all aspects of employment.