As a Staff Accountant (Corporate Accounting), you will play a critical role in accounting & reporting for various elements of Pelotons Selling, General & Administrative expenses.You have a natural passion for numbers & a strong understanding of the intricacies of financial transactions within an organization. You possess a strong knowledge of applicable accounting concepts, including prepaid assets, accrued expenses, & US GAAP financial statements. While you are data driven & system-savvy, you also like to innovate, improve processes, & create efficiencies. You enjoy working cross-functionally & demonstrate strong collaboration & communication skills.
- Play a key role in the month-end close processes for Cash, T&E, Marketing, & other assigned General Ledger accounts, as necessary
- Book monthly journal entries & prepare related account reconciliations
- Continuously evaluate areas for process improvement & create new efficiencies
- Assist with analyzing financial results on a monthly basis & report on variances versus budget & forecast
- Work with both internal & external auditors to maintain & establish internal controls
- Assist with audit requests during quarterly & year-end audits
- Partake in ad hoc team projects & analysis, including new system implementations
- Support cross-functional business partners, including FP&A, AP, Treasury, & Marketing
- Bachelors or higher degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA highly preferred
- In depth knowledge of Accounting theory & application of U.S. GAAP
- 1+ year(s) of general Accounting experience
- Experience with financial reporting & financial statement preparation; SEC experience a plus
- Experience in technology, retail and/or e-commerce preferred
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with internal & external business partners at various levels
- Proactive self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced environment & an ability to prioritize, multi-task & meet pressing deadlines
- Team player with a strong work ethic
- Tech savvy & MS Excel super user
- Experience working with various systems (NetSuite, Concur, Coupa) a plus
Founded in 2012, Peloton is aglobal interactive fitness platformthat brings the energy & benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience & comfort of home. We use technology & design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, & Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, & we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses & retail showrooms in the US, UK, Canada & Germany, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, includingFast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50,Crain's New York Business' Tech25 & Fast50, as well asTIME's Genius Companies. Visitwww.onepeloton.com/careersto learn more about joining our team.