Were looking for a Head of Sales Compensation to join Revenue Operations as a dynamic, strategic leader & advisor to our Revenue leadership teams.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, & team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, & New York serve more than 200,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, & it starts right here at Gusto. Thats why were committed to building a collaborative & inclusive workplace, both physically & virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
In this role, you will manage the end-to-end strategy, design, & operationalization of incentive compensation plans across Sales & the broader Revenue organization. This Leader will apply their experience, analytical skills, & passion to improve how we engage sales talent & align incentives with revenue growth & strategic objectives.
Candidates should align with our company values, be highly self-motivated to drive results, & have an insatiable desire to learn & grow to solve the business problems they face.
What it is like to Work with Gusto
Heres what youll do day-to-day:
- Strategic thought leadership to Revenue & Finance across incentive strategy & plan design to incentivize behaviors aligned with revenue growth & strategic objectives
- Lead the end-to-end sales compensation program including plan design (curves, components, weightings), implementation (Xactly, SFDC), training, & daily administration
- Establish & manage cadences inclusive of annual/semi-annual planning (job architecture, plan refresh), quarterly processes (quotas), & monthly business reviews
- Drive operational excellence by documenting, optimizing, socializing, & automating processes spanning quotas & targets, comp plan issuance, crediting & attainment reporting, & timely resolution of disputes/exceptions/inquiries
- Ensure internal compliance by designing, implementing, & monitoring compensation process controls including educating cross-functional partners on the business rationale
- Track comp program effectiveness including capacity (plans, participants), budget adherence, error rate (on-time, accurate commissions), case management/SLA (volume, TAT, resolution rates), & program ROI (achieving desired outcomes)
- Improve sales engagement & productivity in partnership with Revenue, Finance, & People teams to successfully recruit, reward, & retain top talent
Heres what we're looking for:
- 10+ years of sales compensation design experience (designing & operationalizing compensation plans), with 2+ years in a SaaS company
- Experience in analyzing & optimizing comp plan design, commissions processes, & automation (experience with SFDC & Xactly is a plus)
- True passion for sales: you creatively find ways to make sales teams more productive
- Persuasive communicator - youre a natural storyteller, using data to back up your recommendations
- Adaptable; you flex naturally between influencing leadership, inspiring those you empower to think big, & rolling up your sleeves to get things done
- Hyper-organized with strong attention to detail; effective stakeholder & project management is the bare minimum & is part of your secret sauce
- You enjoy working with high octane growth companies, where things move fast, people are smart, & processes are quick to evolve - in fact, youre often the one who moves them
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $129,000-164,000 in Denver & most remote locations, & $152,000 - $192,000/yr for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience & expertise & may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life & so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values & our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state & local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.