WHO WE ARE:
The Leaderboard Engineering team is responsible for the core leaderboard experience when someone takes a Peloton class. The leaderboard shows a persons real time ranking or presence in the class. It is one of the most heavily used features & serves some of the heaviest traffic within the Peloton system.
- Develop & improve the in-class leaderboard user experience which include leaderboard for live classes, leaderboard for on-demand classes, leaderboard that shows peoples presence, & filtering on the leaderboard.
- Improve leaderboard performance & reliability by leveraging production monitoring/profiling/tracing & load testing tools to discover bottlenecks & using techniques such as data modeling, query optimization, & caching to address the bottlenecks.
- Evolve the architecture of various components & services in the leaderboard system. Propose, experiment, & implement solutions to scale the leaderboard to hundreds of thousands of concurrent users.
- Achieve on-time delivery without compromising quality.
- Strong understanding of software engineering principles & fundamentals including data structures & algorithms.
- Good understanding of concurrency & threading, operating system internals, & networking.
- Experience scaling large scale web applications. Good understanding of request processing, caching, queuing, data storage, partitioning, & replication. Demonstrated experience leveraging those understandings to solve scaling challenges.
- Proficient in at least one programming language, e.g., Python, Java, Kotlin, Go, C++, C.
- Self directed & detail oriented with ability to come up with good design proposals or thorough analysis of production issues.
- B.S. in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Experience in the following areas:
- Request Processing: Restful API endpoint design principles; Load balancing concepts; Communication & RPC protocols such as HTTP, TCP, gRPC.
- Caching: Memcache, Redis
- Relational Database: Postgres, or MySQL
- NoSQL Database: Cassandra, Dynamodb, Mongodb, etc
- Monitoring/Tracing/Profiling: Monitoring tools such as Datadog, Tracing tools such as Zipkin or Datadog APM
- Deploy platforms & tooling: Jenkins, Kubernetes
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that brings members the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own home via the Bike,Tread, iOS App & Android App platforms. Peloton uses technology & design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
Peloton believes in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. We put our users, members, & customers first & we obsess over every touch point of the member experience be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best & encourage all our associates to be Pelotons brand ambassadors. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.