Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed & disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the worlds first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories & home decor from over 700 designer partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times.
About the Team:
Our QA team is focused on thinking like our users & helping the engineering team build features that work well for those users in all the ways they may interact with our systems. We operate as a central QA department to ensure best practices & processes across development teams with QA team members embedded with & working as part of the individual development teams. Working closely as part of the development team during all phases of the process ensures quality early on in the process & gives a sense of joint ownership of the features & quality of deliverables.
About the Role:
As we embark on our journey of continuously improving & building out our automation capability, the Senior Quality Engineer will lead & guide multiple test automation efforts in different engineering services areas. You will help ensure that our engineering teams will be able to continue to move quickly while also ensuring that our customers have a great experience.
What Youll Do:
- Mentor & knowledge share best testing practices with our engineering teams.
- Translate business requirements into detailed, comprehensive & well-structured test plans & test cases
- Estimating, prioritizing, planning & coordinating quality testing activities - Own & improve the test plans & automation tests
- Design, develop & maintain a scalable testing infrastructure & execute automation scripts using open source tools, debugging & defining corrective actions for a complex microservices system
- Working with cross functional teams to understand & analyze issues across systems - both frontend (web & mobile) & backend (microservices, messaging & database) systems. Decomposing the system to test services & existing functionality in isolation & also perform larger end-to-end tests
- Together with the Development team review quality specifications & technical design documents to provide timely & meaningful feedback & advise teams on & be responsible for writing automated tests
- Ensure that all User Stories have well-documented User Acceptance Criteria, & that those tests are executed within the iteration cycle.
- Ability to analyze & identify the most efficient level & type of testing needed across the development & release cycle at which automated tests will provide the most value & coverage.
- Review, analyze & debug test results to identify, record, document thoroughly & track bugs
- Ensure detailed reporting to provide assessment of product quality to project stakeholders - Ensuring that delivery adheres to Testing Standards: that all changes have sufficient test coverage, with documented test cases & that those test cases are executed & defects fixed.
- Assess risk of project changes on other tech teams & dependent services
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities & open defect counts
- 5+ years experience in an eCommerce or web based environment having performed both frontend & backend testing
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related experience preferred
- Working knowledge of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) with experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process & a strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools & processes
- Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
- Consistently see the overall big picture situation rather than only focus on the details & specific tasks
- Hands-on experience with both white box & black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing frameworks & tools, building quality backend & frontend test automation software (experience with Cypress.io, Selenium, and/or Jenkins is a plus)
- Experience in service test automation with a strong understanding of REST design principles & the HTTP application protocol
- Solid knowledge of SQL & scripting
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines & tools such as Jenkins & Docker
- Knowledge & experience in testing of distributed message-driven applications is a plus
- Self-starter, highly organized with excellent planning, communication & interpersonal skills
- Works well within & across single & multiple team contexts & ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment & collaborate with other automation engineers
- Proven evidence of having led testing initiatives
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & well-being of our employees & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. We have a competitive benefits package on offer for all our Ireland based employees which reflects our ethos & culture. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including annual leave, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, & dental care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.