BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news & entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, & original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News & HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed has an opening for an experienced Travel & Entertainment Manager for either our LA or NY office location (we are currently in the WFH environment for the remainder of 2021). Reporting to our Senior Manager, Accounting you will be responsible for leading & supporting the day to day activities for all travel & entertainment across all divisions, entities & locations. This person must also have strong communication skills with individuals throughout the BuzzFeed organization including executives, in order to provide guidance as well as ensure compliance. The role will also entail financial statement close & reporting requirements globally, compliance with internal controls, various analyses, as well as day to day tasks..
As a member of a growing & fast-paced team, you will be an integral part of the Accounting team to support BuzzFeed's advancing business. Process driven, strong communication & a sense of ownership are necessary for this role. Additionally, as with any position involving financial responsibility, a sharp eye for detail & confidentiality are paramount.
You will be based in our LA or NY office & will report to the Senior Manager, Accounting
- Weekly audit review & approval of both credit card & cash expense report submissions per travel & entertainment policy
- Management of new expense user onboarding & training
- Prepare accounting entries & account reconciliations for balance sheet & P&L activities associated with Company travel & entertainment. Research & propose resolution for discrepancies or identified issues.
- Continue to develop & establish necessary efficiencies for collecting, analyzing & reporting of company travel & entertainment per policy.
- Interpret & communicate variances within the travel & entertainment spend monthly.
- Ongoing assistance with development, maintenance & documentation of Company Travel & entertainment policy modifications to ensure continuous controls adherence & communicate gaps of interpretation.
- Focus strongly on daily communications with internal stakeholders in support of Company policy while ensuring a sense of customer service when understanding the different needs of multiple departments within the organization.
- Working directly with employees to address complaints, requests & other matters related to expense reporting. Questions must be handled with diplomacy, friendliness, accuracy, timeliness & confidentiality.
- Manage the inputs, details & reconciliation behind employee reimbursements to the Company surrounding personal use of company issued credit card accounts.
- Have strong attention to detail & understanding of purpose behind tasks surrounding the accounting systems used to manage travel & entertainment. Understanding behind the necessary integrations of Concur, NetSuite, as well as the credit card portals.
- Identify areas of operational improvement, provide recommendations, & execute on the changes through the initiation of additional platform integrations or program tools.
- Work with management & IT staff to set up & monitor implementation of new business units on the company travel & entertainment expense reporting system
- Proactively evaluate opportunities for saving costs on company T&E expenses.
- Manage & implement controls around non compliance of travel & entertainment policy & report to Senior Manager, Accounting
- Monitor trends in compliance risks & issues & propose potential process or policy changes to mitigate detected risks
- Able to review ones work & ensure free from error
- Degree in Accounting or related field
- 5+ years experience in accounting
- Travel & entertainment experience required
- Expert proficiency in Concur required
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft ExcelUnderstanding of risk & Sarbanes- Oxley compliance a plus
- Proficiency in NetSuite preferred
- Confidence in creating reports & presenting findings to senior executives
- Strong customer service experience
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
- A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.