Unfold, an app that helps anyone create elevated & engaging stories for Instagram, Facebook, & Snapchat, is now a part of the Squarespace family. Founded with a mission to provide social media templates for digital storytellers, brand design is what Unfold is known for.
We are seeking a Brand Design Lead to join Unfold to help evolve all brand deliverables & oversee the existing team of designers. Brand Design Leads set the vision for projects, enforce our high quality standards, & mentor/manage other designers to make sure were meeting them. You will help define & execute story template collections, brand partnership collections, marketing campaigns, social media assets & UI elements. While you often straddle the line between player & coach, assisting in directing multidisciplinary creative talent, you are most excited to be hands-on & designing. Youre comfortable presenting work to executive stakeholders & delivering feedback to teams.
Successful candidates should have a portfolio that demonstrates a familiarity with most of the following: brand identity, marketing campaigns, social assets & web projects. You will report to the Head of Unfold in Squarespaces New York headquarters.
- 7+ years of experience as a designer at agencies, studios or in-house.
- 2+ years of leadership experience in a design-driven organization.
- Strong understanding of steps necessary to take a project from concept to launch.
- Broad awareness of design & technology trends.
- Excellent strategic, conceptual, & executional skills.
- Impeccable taste.
- Ability to lead, inspire & motivate teams to create their best work.
- Experience running productions & partnering with video directors, photographers, motion designers & illustrators to create on-brand work.
- Mastery in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Figma as well as Sketch.
- Experience with InDesign, Keynote, prototyping tools, 2D & 3D motion, or video editing are a plus.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.