Have you ever wondered how Vimeo Staff Picks were selected? Be one of four people in the world to see how that happens, & be a part of the curation process by joining Vimeo as a Curator.
As a member of the Vimeo Curation team, you will work within Vimeo Marketing with a team of Curators to surface & celebrate the best videos, creators, & businesses by selecting Vimeo Staff Picks. As a member of our Curation team, you have an insatiable appetite for watching films & videos from leading & emerging creators, brands & small businesses & identifying & promoting quality content, fresh trends, & new talent. The successful candidate will evangelize Vimeo within the agency, film, & online video content communities, emphasizing Vimeos strength as the authority on all things video & always seeking for the latest trends in video creation.
If youre passionate about supporting a community of creative professionals & excited by the opportunity to elevate the Vimeo brand through sourcing incredible talent, you might just be the perfect fit.
What youll do:
- Assist in day-to-day curation of Vimeo Staff Picks & look for ways to expand curation beyond core segment video professionals, including product, social, brand vision, business videos, & more
- Assist in curation of Vimeo Categories and/or vertical channels
- Represent Vimeo externally attending industry events & festivals, serving on juries, giving presentations, speaking on panels
- Develop & maintain relationships with video professionals & brands who can bring great work to the open site under our key verticals
- Assist in being the first part of the content engine surfacing videos, creators & brands to the content team for Blog, Studio Tours, Creator Spotlight etc.
- Review & contextualize films on the Vimeo Blog
- Organize & maintain the Curation Teams internal database to track & evaluate content
- Work effectively cross-teams & support the marketing teams product & campaign launches & other marketing needs
- A focus of this role will be the tracking, surfacing, & tagging of new brand, commercial, & broader categories aligned with the companys overall mission of supporting all video creators.
- Liaison to the content team & working closely with them on sourcing member success stories
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- Proven history of being a self-starter, from conceptualizing new ideas to executing them
- Comfortable working collaboratively with a small, but mighty team
- Proven passion for all things video & championing creators
- Broad taste & familiarity with a diverse array of video & filmmaking styles
- Strong writing skills
- Creative/Production/Film/Agency industry connections
- Extremely organized
- Proficiency with spreadsheets (Excel, Google Docs, etc.)
- Adept at public speaking
- Sense of humor & curiosity is a requirement
Vimeo is the worlds leading professional video platform & community. We empower over 200 million users from creatives to entrepreneurs to the worlds largest brands to grow their business with video. Our products make it easy to create high-quality, impactful videos & to reach teams, audiences & customers anywhere.
Vimeo is powered by a growing team of over 650 passionate, dedicated humans. Were headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. We believe our impact is greatest when our workforce represents the diverse & global community that we serve, & were proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity & inclusion is prioritized in how we build our products, leaders & culture. Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs.