As a Principal Engineer for our Data Platform team, you will be responsible for modernizing our data platform & practice. You will play a critical role in selecting & implementing technology, which we will use across CLEAR to make data-driven decisions, build a best-in-class product, & enable future ML/AI use cases. You will work cross-functionally with multiple engineering teams, providing leadership & advice & helping teams integrate with the data platform. Additionally, you will be a crucial partner to various teams across CLEAR, including Business Intelligence, Product Management, Security, & more.
What you'll do:
- Build partnerships with teams across CLEAR to ensure data solutions solve current & future use cases
- Drive the migration to a modern data stack in which Analysts & Engineers can self-service changes in an automated, tested, & high-quality manner
- Build data governance solutions into every part of the platform
- Evangelize data & its use across CLEAR to make our decisions & products smarter
What you're great at:
- 10+ years of professional experience as a Data Engineer, focusing on building scalable data solutions
- Experience with a modern programming language, such as Python
- Building a modern datastack, using tools such as dbt, Dagster, Airflow, Snowflake, et cetera
- Experienced with RDBMS, NoSQL, & real-time streaming systems like Kafka or Pulsar
- Excellent communication skills, able to explain technical topics to non-technical audiences, manage up, down, & across
- Have worked with or built a data governance program
How You'll be Rewarded:
At CLEAR we help YOU move forward - because when youre at your best, were at our best. Youll work with talented team members who are motivated by our mission of making experiences safer & easier. Our hybrid work environment provides flexibility. In our offices, youll enjoy benefits like meals & snacks. We invest in your well-being & learning & development with our stipend & reimbursement programs.
We offer holistic total rewards, including comprehensive healthcare plans, family building benefits (fertility & adoption/surrogacy support), flexible time off, free OneMedical memberships for you & your dependents, & a 401(k) retirement plan with employer match. The base salary range for this role is $225,000 - $260,000, depending on levels of skills & experience.
The base salary range represents the low & high end of CLEARs salary range for this position. Salaries will vary depending on various factors which include, but are not limited to location, education, skills, experience & performance. The range listed is just one component of CLEARs total compensation package for employees & other rewards may include annual bonuses, commission, Restricted Stock Units
Have you ever had that green-light feeling? When you hit every green light & the day just feels like magic. CLEAR's mission is to create frictionless experiences where every day has that feeling. With more than 15+ million passionate members & hundreds of partners around the world, CLEARs identity platform is transforming the way people live, work, & travel. Whether its at the airport, stadium, or right on your phone, CLEAR connects you to the things that make you, you - unlocking easier, more secure, & more seamless experiences - making them all feel like magic.