The SVP of Strategic Partnerships & Development is responsible for building long-term relationships with external platform partners helping the company achieve its short & long term digital reach, engagement, publishing, distribution & monetization goals. Working closely with VICEs content development, audience growth, commercial & technology leaders, this team defines the companys strategy for how we want to work with some of the largest companies in the world to create further opportunities for growth across our media portfolio - enriching existing audiences & cultivating new ones.
The SVP leads a team of business development leaders responsible for delivering against business growth targets, developing the VICE brand through key partnerships with benefit to audiences, revenue, licensing / syndication, innovation, data & B2B marketing. Located in CA or NY, this role reports into the President of Digital with a team in the US enabling regional partner managers in Asia, LATAM & EMEA. The performance of this division is measured by OKRs across Platform Partner Management, Digital Content Syndication & Digital Brand Development.
Roles & Responsibilities:
PLATFORM PARTNER MANAGEMENT
- Partner management of top tier strategic digital platforms
- Develop new business opportunities & strategic partnerships
- Effectively use competitive intelligence as a tool to inform sales & negotiations
- Creatively ideate on & relentlessly pursue the best way for VICE to partner with companies across categories
- Oversee important business relationships with existing partner companies & focusing on expansion
- Proactively identify & cultivate new revenue & distribution opportunities with partners
- Enable the VP of Global Platform Partnerships & team of partner managers to be the central internal & external point of contact for key partnerships & collaborate with regional leads in EMEA, APAC & LATAM to ensure a holistic, global platform strategy & partner process
- Monitor VICEs business pipeline, identifying opportunities to explore deeper relationships
- Manage internal communications & updates to stakeholders through weekly, monthly & quarterly leaderships calls, newsletters, roadshows & training sessions
DIGITAL CONTENT SYNDICATION
- Unlock new ways to exploit long & short form programming syndicated on digital platforms
- Develop digital content syndication strategy & grow content reach through strategic partnerships
- Develop a deep understanding of VICE's content strategy & capabilities
- Leverage the full breadth of VICEs storytelling & maximize the value of our content library
- Identify & secure opportunities that are strategically aligned with VICE content strategy & brand positioning
- Negotiate term sheets & long form agreements to maximum benefit
- Partner with stakeholders to create curated packages of content, maximizing revenue & profitability of programming assets
- Collaborate effectively with executive management, content leadership, commercial sales on strategy & day-to-day execution.
- Partner with technology team to ensure that VICE has the best technology to monitor & track IP catalogue
DIGITAL BRAND DEVELOPMENT
- Act as a catalyst for VICEs brands activating new creative concepts based on platform capabilities for younger generations
- Represent the VICE brand story in an authentic way to potential partners; clearly articulating our value & unfair advantages in the marketplace
- Work with marketing teams to develop a B2B strategy & align global messaging of the VICE brand
- Responsibilities of this role funnel into a macro vision of developing VICEs audience, value & thought leadership when it comes to youth culture
Qualifications & Experience:
- 10+ years of media partnerships experience, 7+ years of managerial experience
- Abilities to navigate horizontally internally & externally to execute complex deal structures / partnerships
- Unique understanding VICEs core assets & how they can leveraged on & off O&Od & how innovation can ensure VICE stays ahead of its competitive set
- Strong understanding of media, content, distribution, social platform & publishers a MUST, with a rolodex that is multi-disciplinary
- Institutional knowledge of entire media portfolio & abilities to pitch, ideate & create excitement in intimate CMO meetings to large scale speaking events.
- Demonstrated excellence in building impactful partnerships & ability to communicate effectively with peers, subordinates, & executive management
- Excellent organizational skills & program management chops
- Strong opinions, weakly held
- Relentlessly collaborative in nature enabling trust & innovation to thrive
- Function effectively in an especially fast-paced, high growth operating environment, managing time effectively to address high priority items in a timely manner
- Advanced Excel, Google Docs, Keynote skills
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create & maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion & diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion & diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers & viewers, & our company culture. We treat all applicants & employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity & expression, marital status & partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking & sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements & essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list & instead are meant to describe the general nature & level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.