Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
We are looking to hire a Front End Software Engineer to join the Security Engineering team, working out of Visa's Global HQ in Foster City, California.You will play a critical role by implementing visual elements that users see & interact within the cybersecurity products & services being engineered by the team with a truly global impact.
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- Knowledge of data visualization frameworks like d3.js or highcharts is required
- Knowledge & experience using webpack/gulp/grunt/elixir that allows showcasing of build process automation as a front-end engineer
- Experience consuming data from REST API & using it for dynamic visualization is required. This also includesunderstanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, & AJAX
- Knowledge of image authoring & editing tools like Gimp or Photoshop is required
- Proficient understanding of web markup including HTML5 & CSS3.
- Knowledge of material design for the web is a plus.
- Knowledge of Go web frameworks like buffalo is a plus
- Background with either deploying or using the ELK stack, consuming logs, & data munging is a plus
- Knowledge of implementing systems using Solr, Lucene, NLP is a plus
- Core Engineering:Build, design, engineer, & develop new user-facing features & interfaces.The candidate needs to possess software engineering skills that allow them to build new capabilities & solutions vs. simply integratingan existing open source platform or operating a vendor solution.
- Partnership:Partner with product owner & UI/UX team to translate design wireframes to engineering components that will produce visual elements for the cybersecurity products while validating the technical feasibility of such designs.
- Aesthetics:You will be taking the lead for the UI elements of our products including buttons, fonts, & spacing with a design system that is consistent across all our products.
- Performance: Performance is critical with a key focus on ensuring network requests are minimal, images & code is compressed & optimized, among others.
- Code Quality & Reusability: Being a member of the security team, the position with leverage coding standards & build with security in mind.Build reusable code & front-end libraries & templates for future use.Rewriting of any existing code using robust type-safe & memory safe languages while incorporating faster data piping & parallel processing frameworks.
- Presentation:Present results to a cross section of employees, including senior leaders at Visa. Utilize graduate-level research & analysis skills.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0-5% of the time
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.