As a Product Management Intern at Ellevest, you will have the opportunity to work with the product, design & engineering organization at a fast-growing NYC fintech startup thats committed to closing the gender investing gap. Candidates must have an interest for product management, fintech, growing a client base, & most importantly delighting each & every user who joins the Ellevest community. The candidate must be a strategic thinker, team player & have strong written & oral communication skills.
This position is for 8-10 weeks, & reports to the Sr. Product Manager of Growth.
- Support our Growth team in conducting research, creating a strategy, & implementing the beginning stages of our new loyalty program.
- Help organize & attend research sessions with current clients to understand what theyre looking for in a loyalty program.
- Begin to gather requirements, discuss with stakeholders, & write user stories for your assigned projects.
- Support the execution of our current loyalty reward benefits.
- Collaborate with engineering & product design to determine the best solution that meets the users needs.
- QA test the product for both mobile & desktop features.
- Interest in Product Management
- Collaborative, nimble, & flexible with a knack for building trust & influencing others
- Ability to work independently while juggling multiple prioritiesall with a drive to excel
- Excellent writing, communication, organizational, & time management skills
- Solid understanding of current & emerging mobile technologies
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced & dynamic work environment
- A strong commitment to company values & the Ellevest brand
- Passion for our women-oriented mission
Ellevest is a transformative technology company created to help women achieve their financial potential. Ellevest helps women take control of their financial futures through investing, with a beautifully designed digital platform backed by an incredibly smart algorithm. Ellevest was co-founded by Wall Street veteran Sallie Krawcheck, chair of the Ellevate Network, previously CEO of Smith Barney & Merrill Lynch Wealth Management, formerly CFO of Citi, & author of Own It: The Power of Women at Work.Ellevest has raised $70MM from investors like Rethink Impact, Pivotal Ventures, Valerie Jarrett, Salesforce Ventures, PayPal Ventures, MasterCard, Khosla Ventures, Morningstar, & Venus Williams.
Ellevest has flipped the traditional approach to investing with a real-life, goal-based approach. Clients select personal financial goals such as buying a home, starting a business, raising a family, & retiring well, among others. Ellevest is unique in taking into account a womans longer lifespan & different salary curve, combined with her current financial picture, to construct highly customized investment portfolios for each of her goals. Ellevests unique algorithms are designed to get the client to her goal number or better in 70% of market scenarios, higher than traditional financial advisors.
Working at Ellevest
Ellevest is a leading tech company in New York City, with a thriving team across our engineering, product, marketing, client experience, investments, & operations organizations. We place a major emphasis on building a team & working environment where individuals can succeed professionally & personally. As a team member at Ellevest, you can expect to make a difference through your work, to have a direct impact on the achievement of a very meaningful mission, to significantly advance your career trajectory, & to have room for fun & fulfillment in your daily life. We know that achieving a mission as critical as ours requires incredible talent & teamwork, & team is the most important thing to us.
In 2018, Ellevest was awarded the #14 spot on LinkedIns list of most sought-after startups, as well as a spot on CNBCs Disruptor 50 list -- identifying start-ups on the cutting edge of huge consumer, tech & business shifts. In 2017, Ellevest was named one of Entrepreneur Magazines 100 Brilliant Ideas, & CNBC listed Ellevest as one of their Top 25 Most Promising Startups on a path to becoming tomorrows household names. We are working every day to make this a reality, & create a brand & a service that closes the female money gap.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Note: Instead of a cover letter, we ask you to answer the three questions at the bottom of this application.