ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Restaurant Opening Coordinator is a key resource in helping to execute the opening & reopening of DIGs restaurants. The RO [Restaurant Opening] team is responsible for supporting the company's growth & expansion by leading restaurant reopening initiatives & strategy as well as providing guidance on new restaurants, markets & models for the future. This role participates in the restaurant opening process for both Restaurant Reopenings (RROs) & New Restaurant Openings (NROs) from project kickoff through opening to ensure success. The Restaurant Opening Coordinator works closely with the ReDev team & Numbers Team on timelines, partners with the Leadership team on tactical planning & works cross-functionally with all DIG Support teams & field leaders in executing smooth openings.
The Restaurant Opening Coordinator brings together each team's opening checklists, manages cross functional milestones & timelines & actively holds teams accountable to adhering to process in order to open restaurants on time with strong teams. This role will sit on the RO team & report directly to the Restaurant Opening Process Manager.
Collaborate with the RO Process Manager in setting RRO & NRO priorities & strategy, in partnership with DIG Leadership
- Maintain the RRO & NRO timeline & pipeline documents to ensure information is accurate & timely.
- Create scenario analysis as needed to present opportunities & tradeoffs as it relates to opening decision making.
- Be a thought partner to individual support teams with regards to RRO/NRO processes & act as a liaison for these teams to ensure team goals & priorities are in line with opening initiatives outlined by the Leadership team.
Project Manage Support Team Restaurant Opening (RO) Processes
- Participate in frequent calls with the ReDev, Operations, & Numbers teams to glean information on RRO & NRO understanding of critical paths & timelines.
- Lead weekly calls to transfer key information from the ReDev & Leadership team to the support teams.
- Participate in team workflows based on RO timelines & key process milestones.
- Ensure timely completion of cross-functional workflows & execution of critical path items.
Coordinate & manage all opening timelines for All DIG Markets
- Create the opening calendar for all ROs & develop multiple contingency plans based on risk.
- Monitor stakeholder action items & tasks throughout the pre-opening sprint to ensure timely completion.
- Be present on site for the duration [about 10 days] of the pre opening sprint in all Markets [NYC, BOS, PHL, DC]: Punch walk through Grand Opening or Reopening Day to serve as the on the ground connection between the restaurant & the rest of the organization. Requires occasional work on the weekends.
- Complete frequent retrospectives of the RO process, collecting feedback & requests from all support teams, ops, & restaurant leaders.
NOTE: The most important aspect of this job is that you are willing to get your hands dirty--literally & figuratively! In addition to becoming an expert in project management, you'll become a generalist in everything else: You will learn about what each team on support does & be able to troubleshoot on site at the restaurant. Youll brainstorm with support & the field about how to make the RO process better. Aside from involvement in strategy & planning, you will serve as on the ground opening resource & support. Youll lift a lot of boxes while setting up the restaurants & even be a dishwasher. No two days are the same on the RO team, so rolling with the seasons is key.
- A high degree of flexibility & adaptability; ability to plan, organize, & manage multiple projects, & to work effectively & efficiently under pressure.
- The ability to communicate effectively, with integrity to key stakeholders & all teams.
- Strong organization skills.
- A knack for the details. You are highly organized at all times.
- The ability to think creatively to solve problems - you are not intimidated by complexity.
- An openness to implementing new strategies. You love to problem-solve & look for ways to do things smarter, better, faster.
- A proven ability to be able to work with multiple departments with many moving parts & demonstrate strong communication skills.
- A strong work ethic, ability to work autonomously & self-sufficiently.
- Grit. Even when times are tough or uncertain, you maintain a can do attitude.
- The ability to make quick judgement calls even with limited information.
- A passion for real, good food.
WORK PERKS: Aside from the standard job description fare (competitive salary, medical, dental, vision) we also offer:
- Company laptop
- Flexible vacation time
- Phone reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Complimentary DIG lunch everyday
At Dig Food Group, were building a better food system for everyone by sourcing, cooking & serving delicious food everyday. Nine years in, weve grown to more than 30 fast-casual Dig restaurants, opened our first full-service restaurant, 232 Bleecker, partnered with 130 farms including our own Dig Acres, & taught thousands of people how to cook (really cook) in our kitchens.
To do this, weve built direct & real relationships with farmers. We dont just name check them on our menus -- were true partners in their businesses. We focus on farmers who are independent, first-timers, women, immigrants, LGBTQ & people of color. These relationships allow us to get the best ingredients all year round & change our menu based on what is growing in the fields.
Each restaurant is run by a chef & all our food is cooked on site. There are no microwaves, can openers or freezers, just an entire culinary team at every location, cooking vegetables all day. This requires training a whole generation of chefs & cooks from the ground up, including many who have never worked in a restaurant before. Knife skills are life skills.
Were not here to disrupt anything or become a platform. We run our business on good food & great people. From sourcing to serving, our mission is to create a better food system for everyone. That means a world where farmers can make a living growing food, anyone can learn to cook, & we can all eat well, together.
DIG believes in the power of a shared table to bring people together as we are committed to building a culturally inclusive team. Diverse candidates encouraged to apply
Additional Role Note:
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Dig reserves the right to add or delete duties & responsibilities at the discretion of Dig or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Dig is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, age, ancestry, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related condition, unemployment status, gender identity or expression, transgender status or gender dysphoria, marital status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, national origin, citizenship, disability, covered veteran and/or military status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, familial status as that term is described under the New York State Human Rights Law, caregiver or partnership status as those terms are defined under the New York City Human Rights Law (if you are employed in New York City) or other protected status or any other characteristic as protected under applicable federal, state & local law (Protected Status).