AlphaSense provides an AI-based search engine for market intelligence, used by the largest & fastest-growing firms globally. Our mission is to curate & semantically index the worlds market & company information, including the vast high-value content sets that traditional web search engines cannot reach. With 1000+ enterprise clients, AlphaSense helps knowledge professionals become dramatically more productive & gain an information edge by discovering critical data points & trends that others miss.
We are a high growth technology company & are looking for an ambitious, experienced IT professional to join our amazing team. We currently have 120 employees at our headquarters in NYC & 260+ worldwide, with both of those numbers expected to continue to grow rapidly. We fundamentally believe that business success comes from hiring the most talented individuals in the world, & we are looking for an experienced, driven professional to help build the information technology group at AlphaSense.
Who are you?
- You have an innate drive to learn & enjoy tackling new challenges
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience within Information Technology
- Highly competent in troubleshooting issues for Windows/PC, Android, iOS & Apple hardware. If you dont immediately know the answer, you know where to find it
- Experience with G Suite (Gmail, Google Drive & Docs, etc)
- Experience with ticketing systems & capable of independent prioritization when handling multiple requests
- Comfortable troubleshooting video conferencing (Zoom is plus), printers, networking, with the ability to plan & install new assets as needed.
- A problem solver; ready to tackle any situation with an open mind
- Entrepreneurial; able to build systems & processes, work both independently & as part of a team
- Customer focused; friendly & personable with the ability to stay calm under pressure
- An effective communicator, both verbal & written, with the ability to work well cross-functionally
- Are able to lift up to 40 pounds & perform minor facilities functions (such as moving furniture, IT equipment, computers, etc.)
What will you do?
- Administration of the network. Identify appropriate ISP & network hardware vendors & identify opportunities for network improvement/cost efficiencies. Quickly resolve any outages & troubleshoot individual connectivity issues
- Administration of A/V systems & video conferencing. Identify, maintain & support the infrastructure necessary to maximize business productivity
- Manage user accounts in G Suite, Slack & Zoom & coordinate with other departments on account provisioning for software during employee onboarding
- Provide support for equipment, software, networking, office peripherals, & VoIP phones at local & remote sites
- Setup & deploy equipment for new & existing employees. Assist in installing software/updates on desktops, laptops & peripheral equipment
- Facilitate the technical onboarding sessions for new hires as a part of the onboarding process
- Install, maintain & share networked printers
- Jump onto various projects with confidence during times of need. Other duties & special projects as may be assigned from time to time