Squarespace is seeking an experienced accountant to manage our accounting operations. This is a critical role that will assist in scaling our processes in a growing environment. You will be responsible for identifying areas of improvement but also taking the initiative to establish & implement those changes.
This role is based in our New York City headquarters & reports into our Corporate Controller.
- Manage, develop, & oversee a team of accounting professionals
- Execute day-to-day accounting activities of the company including monthly close, accounts receivable, expenses, allocations & more
- Identify opportunities for process improvements to accelerate the close & reporting timelines; automate manual procedures & computations.
- Own the audit process, including preparation of materials for the financial statement audit & coordination with the external audit team.
- Develop key accounting processes to support a rapidly growing company in order to support the delivery of financial insights to drive informed executive decisions
- Assist in the formation of internal controls & policies
- Prepare consolidated monthly financials
- Develop a detailed understanding of business processes & connect them with financial results
- 10+ years of working experience within a large public accounting firm & industry experience (CPA required). Experience at a public company and/or with a saas based company a plus
- Strong understanding of GAAP & accounting theory
- Experience with general ledger accounting, financial reporting, SOX compliance & consolidations.
- Experience managing a small team, including providing coaching & development feedback
- Demonstrated experience with large cloud ERP systems
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,100 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.