Flex Account Executive
at Twilio (View all jobs)
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Twilio Flex Account Executive!
Who we are & why were hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications & data solutions that help companies & developers worldwide build better applications & customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, & we're looking for more builders, creators, & visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Twilio is seeking an experienced & high-energy Account Executive in our Flex team. This is a role focused on both proactive cultivation of new business as well as growing existing customer accounts for our contact center solution, Flex. You have mastered complex solution & consultative selling, working proactively & collaboratively with other sales teams & channel partners/system integrators within large accounts to drive incremental growth. You will be responsible for creating demand, building a qualified opportunity pipeline, forecasting & closing bookings as per your assigned plan. You will be responsible for applying a thorough understanding of our products, sales methodology, processes, & prospecting techniques while helping our clients transform their business.
In this role, youll:
- Lead Flex opportunities for your assigned territory/vertical & be responsible for maintaining & driving new revenue while maintaining the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Develop & execute successful sales in partnership with Sales Engineers & Partner teams, including negotiating terms & managing the contract process.
- Grow pipeline in collaboration with Marketing & Demand Gen Teams as well as individual prospecting in the assigned territory/vertical.
- Drive sales campaigns in the territory/vertical to create opportunities & long term revenue growth.
- Manage relationships for key & strategic customers.
- Overachieve on annual sales quota targets.
- Collaborate with Twilio colleagues to optimize share of wallet based on customer need.
- Evangelize & be a Flex spokesperson internally & externally, & display the radical transformation of the contact center solution market.
- Balance competing priorities & manage multiple project/deals at the same time.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, & we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having desired qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Minimum 2-3 years experience for our Growth & Mid Market Segments & 4 + years for Enterprise & Verticals.
- Sales experience & a track record of personally selling & closing complex technical solutions to enterprises & software companies in excess of $100K.
- Previous experience selling cloud based enterprise solutions, Contact Center is required, CRM or Field Service solution space is an added bonus.
- Demonstrable experience increasing your pipeline within current customers as well as net new logos
- Proven experience communicating, negotiating, & closing with executives & stakeholders
- Confirmed ability to lead complex sales cycle, with a track record of successful revenue attainment
- Demonstrated success by exceeding quota on a consistent basis.
- Responsibilities will span from driving the sales process from internal leads to qualifying new prospects & managing deals to closure.
- BS or BA degree or equivalent work-related work experience
- Ability to travel where & when as necessary to support your teams success
- Experience working with customers going through digital transformation journeys & migrations to the cloud
- Previous experience with value selling
- Previous contact center operations knowledge a plus
This role will be based in London or Dublin.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental & wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, & much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, & are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering & donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, & be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state & local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.