As a Recovery Manager at Jetty, your mission will be to build out one the most critical functions in our rapidly growing Atlanta office. Jetty is a financial services company on a mission to make renting a home more affordable & effortless for everyone, with a nationwide footprint of renters & real estate partners. Focusing on the move-in moment, Jetty's products save renters thousands of dollars, while helping property managers increase occupancy & protection. The Jetty Recovery function, during which we reach out to Jetty customers to collect payment for overdue claim related payments, is in an early stage & will grow quickly this year.
You will have the opportunity to grow as quickly as this function, & see the impact of your work daily, both tactically & strategically. You are rigorous, flexible, comfortable balancing multiple urgent priorities & highly self-motivated with a bias towards action. You are an effective team player, & will use your exceptional communication skills to create visibility & transparency for your key stakeholders. This role reports directly to the Manager of Claims & will be located in Atlanta.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leverage the existing process & input from relevant stakeholders to conceptualize the ideal Recovery process at scale & create an execution strategy
- Understand what technology is available & determine where/when we are able to automate process
- Present the strategy to key stakeholders to get buy-in & put together resources to execute
- Ensure that all parties have comfort & visibility
- Manage Recovery data & basic reporting
- Understand & drive the necessary structure & cadence of reporting to internal Jetty partners
- Anticipate needs of senior management, as possible, & have data available for them to reference when discussing Recovery
- Maintain a basic, current understanding of Jettys real estate partners
- Prioritize how Recovery files are handled based on insights pulled from past data, including cadence & manner of communication & follow up
- Manage positive, professional relationships with all of the vendors used in the Recovery process
- Set precedent for how cases are prepared, documented & organized
- Create an onboarding/training process for new Recovery team members
- As needed, perform tasks associated with the working of these files, including but not limited to:
- Investigating & locating customers using credit bureau information, background checks, loan documents, & other paperwork or databases
- Preparing & maintains case files, correspondence, legal documents; participating in or coordinating actions involving accounting for payments received
- Listening to customer stories to determine if debt can be collected & handle negotiations with customers or their representatives
- Conceptualizing, iterating on & maintaining education for the rest of the company on Recovery, particularly for partner-facing team members who will need to be kept current on processes
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in subrogation & recoveries
- Bachelors degree preferred, not required
- Experience building processes & systems
- Strategic mindset & sharp critical thinking abilities
- Scrappy self-starter with a strong work ethic who drives projects to completion
- Strong organizational, verbal & written communication skills
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, & demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service & response
Jetty is a financial services company on a mission to make renting a home more affordable & effortless for everyone. Founded in 2015, & inspired by real renter experiences, Jetty now has a nationwide footprint of renters & real estate partners. Focusing on the move-in moment, Jetty's products save renters thousands of dollars, while helping property managers increase occupancy & protection.
Jetty has raised $43.5M from Khosla Ventures, Ribbit Capital, & Valar, & has growing teams in New York City & Atlanta. Learn more about us: www.jetty.com.
Jetty is firmly committed to building a team as diverse as our Members. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities for all candidates regardless of race, ancestry, citizenship, sex, gender identity or expression, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or veteran status.
Benefits & Perks
- Health, dental, & vision insurance through Aetna & MetLife
- 401(k) through Betterment
- Optional life & disability coverage, HSA & FSA
- Generous parental leave policy
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Gym discounts at NYHRC, NYSC, & ClassPass
- Plenty of snacks & coffee