A Better company
We believe homeownership is valuable. Heres why: Not only has homeownership historically been one of the most reliable ways to build wealth, it also strengthens ties to community & contributes positively to overall well-being. The way the mortgage industry operates today makes it harder & harder for people to consider homeownership -- so we set out to change that. The traditional mortgage process is designed to confuse, riddled with unnecessary fees, takes too much time, & is built on a foundation of misaligned incentive structures. Its time Americans had a Better option.
A Better option is one that puts customers in control of the largest financial transaction of their lives. Its built with best-in-class technology, supported by non-commissioned staff, & offers affordable financing options that meet customers where they are.
Since 2016, weve already funded over $1B in loans, raised $75M in capital, & won the NerdWallet Best Online Mortgage Lender for Customer Service & were just getting started.
Trying to modernize a decades old industry isnt easy, but it is supremely rewarding. Become part of a Better team.
A Better opportunity
Better is looking for a Loan Processor to join the team. This person will be responsible for conducting detailed credit analysis of loan applications & managing the collection of all required loan documentation to obtain final credit approval. The ideal candidate will be a highly organized communicator capable of making sound decisions while maintaining composure in a fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities will include:
- Perform thorough analysis of applicant's income & expense data, self-employment documentation, credit reports, & property valuations in order to affirm borrower qualifies for loan
- Verify & analyze all necessary financial information & documentation; ensure that loan files contain all necessary credit & legal documents to satisfy underwriting conditions
- Calculate qualifying ratios, determine creditworthiness
- Request & manage organization of borrower loan documentation
- Submit loans to AUS
Attributes we value
- 2-4+ years of experience processing (or underwriting) FNMA, FHLMC, FHA & Jumbo mortgages
- Knowledge of agency conventional underwriting product guidelines
- Familiarity with Desktop Underwriter (DU) & Loan Prospector (LP)
- Strong communication, organization, & time management skills
- Ability to troubleshoot & solve problems independently
- Ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment