At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the worlds largest networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month. Cloudflare protects & accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance & a decrease in spam & other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer & named to Entrepreneur Magazines Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious & empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves & learning new skills, & we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse & inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential & support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
What you'll do
The technical accounting manager is responsible for providing accounting guidance for complex or unusual transactions such as acquisitions/divestitures, legal transactions, impairment, investments, & other non-routine complex business transactions. Responsibilities include critically evaluating applicability of new accounting literature to Cloudflare, preparing quarterly & ad-hoc technical accounting memos, maintaining effective internal controls & ensuring accounting activities are both regulatory & U.S. GAAP compliant.
- Research authoritative literature & provide technical accounting guidance on complex transactions such as acquisitions/divestitures, legal transactions, impairment, investments, including other non-routine complex business transactions
- Evaluate applicability of new accounting literature to Cloudflare & ensure accounting activities are both regulatory & U.S. GAAP compliant
- Perform quarterly review of goodwill & intangible impairment including year-end test for impairment
- Manage actuarial valuation of pensions & ensure U.S. GAAP compliance in accordance with ASC 715-30
- Review & monitor SAB99 analysis to evaluate errors in financial statements using both the iron curtain method & rollover method
- Evaluate impairment of cost equity investments in accordance with ASC topic 325-20
- Review accounting conventions to ensure Cloudflares non-GAAP policies would not have a significant effect to any one period on a quantitative basis
- Prepare segment analysis to ensure compliance with requirements regarding consistency between internal & external reporting of reportable operating segments
- Prepare/review timely, high quality technical accounting memos on all key technical accounting matters for submission to the independent auditor
- Manage & act as liaison in Company-wide initiatives & cross-functional projects that directly impact accounting area to ensure U.S. GAAP compliance. Examples include implementation of new accounting policies, due diligence & PPA entries on acquisitions & other significant business transactions such as divestitures, Company spin-offs, restructuring, debt offerings, complex capitalization projects, & other significant complex transactions
- Assist external reporting team with complex regulatory reporting matters.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge & experience
- 6+ years of experience in a related function is required; Big-4 experience is a plus
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or related field & equivalent work experience. CPA is required
- Exceptional communication skills, including an ability to listen to the needs of the business, research & comprehend complex matters, articulate issues in a clear & simplified manner, & present findings & recommendations in both oral & written presentations
- Strong leadership, organizational & problem resolution skills, ability to work with diverse groups
- Ability to manage multiple deliverables & work well under pressure
- Proactive & creative approach, strong analytical skills & ability to create & maintain a balanced, positive work environment
- Ability to lead, organize, & manage projects beginning to end that require coordinated efforts across multiple functions (e.g., Accounting, Tax, FP&A, Treasury, Legal, Operations)
- Proficient in Word, Excel & PowerPoint
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
Were not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. Were a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free & open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically & artistically important organizations & journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflares enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state & local governments have the highest level of protection & reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information & voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something youd like to be a part of? Wed love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people & place great value in both diversity & inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.