A new kind of storage company, MakeSpace is taking the struggle out of storageand reinventing an antiquated industry in the process. We've designed a hassle-free experience that allows people to store & retrieve their belongings on-demand, so they can skip the whole schlep-to-a-storage-unit thing. We pick up your stuff, haul it to storage, & deliver it back when you need it. Simple as that.
To support this seamless experience, we built the industry's first fully integrated system, from back-end routing to warehouse logistics, & a consumer app complete with a digital photo inventory of stored items. Our superior operations, tech, & talent enable us to be infinitely more convenient, affordable, & user-friendly than traditional self-storage. In just over 6 years, we've become a top-5 consumer-rated storage company in NYC, & expanded to 24 major cities in North America.
Join us as we disrupt a $38 billion industry, & change the way people think about storage (and the stuff they store).
As an Associate Product Designer, you will strive to improve our customers experience across multiple channels & touchpoints. You will work with an agile cross-functional team to drive design across the entire product development cycle, launching new features & iterate on existing experiences that generate measurable impact. You will also partner directly with the Head of Design to develop a holistic design practice while fostering a culture of customer-centricity.
- Focus on improving the existing customer experience across web & mobile.
- Lead qualitative research studies to better understand customer needs & behaviors.
- Work through design problems from beginning to end: translating research insights into ideas, sketching & prototyping these ideas to create user-centered designs, validating those choices, & tracking performance related to OKRs
- Collaborate with your team & bring them into the design process.
You Will Bring
- 1-2 years of experience with a degree or training in design or design-related field of study.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your end-to-end process across web & mobile.
- Proficiency in design-related tools like Figma, Sketch, Adobe CC, Invision, etc.
- A great design sensibility partnered with immense user empathy.
- Design-thinking practices & a service design mindset.
- A passion for collaboration & a desire to help your team succeed.
- An appetite for experimentation, learning, & iteration.
- A pragmatic approach to process.
- Curiosity & an open mind.
- A competitive hourly rate
- Beautiful office in Lower Manhattan with massive outdoor spaces for lunch, work, & play :)
- Working with Justin
MakeSpace culture is built on collaboration & innovation. There's tons of room to grow & opportunities to take initiative. You will partner with sharp, motivated teammates looking to disrupt a massive industryand have fun while doing it.
If this sounds like you, then let us knowand join a tech company that makes a concrete impact on the physical world every day!
We are an equal opportunity employer & value a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds at our company. We are dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, or national origin.