This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer to build services on our new architecture. The Exchange Platform team handles the tech stack responsible for the consumer-facing edge of our platform & is responsible for executing several strategic pillars. The ideal candidate is an experienced developer who is eager to demonstrate leadership & technical acumen by offering guidance, mentorship, & direction to our teams.
Index Exchange (IX) is a Canadian engineering success story processing 180 billion auction transactions daily, each within the tight time constraints of milliseconds. That is more daily than credit card transactions worldwide in a MONTH. We are the stock exchange for large advertising opportunity buyers & sellers.
The work we do requires high quality code in a large & scalable deployment environment, complex problem solving, understanding of Agile software development, & the ability to collaborate with a diverse group of people. We are looking for Engineers who want to be invested in the business & are aware of the impact their effort makes.
What are we looking for?
- Leadership: You know how to work with a team of engineers, mentoring & guiding junior members as well as leveraging your own knowledge & experience to make sound decisions.
- Problem Solvers: You are tenacious at finding solutions & creative ways to tackle problems while working with others amicably & presenting your viewpoints.
- Technical Curiosity: Learning new frameworks & languages excites you you are not satisfied with the status quo; we are always open to new ideas thats how we got where we are today & we need more.
What are your main responsibilities?
- Elevate engineering practices in programmatic ad tech that touches millions of users every day
- Lead the design, development, & implementation of robust & reliable code
- Youll have very cool projects to work on & fascinating problems to solve
- You will see your code in action every day & you definitely wont be bored in this role
- Working with users of the software to deeply understand the domain & identify opportunities for improvements
- Finding practical technological solutions to problems
- Analyzing & estimating work in an agile environment
What qualifies you?
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer with a strong preference on backend platform related work
- Expertise in algorithms, performance optimization, design patters, & memory optimization
- You are a talented & fast learner who embraces change
- A strong desire to work with & learn from the talented people around you we greatly value people & interactions
- Excellent problem-solving skills, the ability to think differently, & an understanding that compromise, negotiation & practicality are important qualities
- An understanding of platform-related tooling (logging, monitoring, alerting)
- Experience working with Linux environments & resilient & scalable platforms is an asset
- Knowledge in any of the following are assets:
- Golang, C++, Perl, Python & Scala
- Kubernetes, Kafka, Docker, Aerospike
We are looking for the right combination of personality & ingenuity to push our product to the max, inspire those around you & have fun doing it.
What will you love about working here?
- Our teams are comprised of top talent, & you will be inspired by your colleagues
- We do not have a dress code & offer flexible work hours
- Paid vacation, 12 incidental sick days per year, & 5% RRSP matching
- 100% company paid comprehensive medical, dental & paramedical plan
- Flexible health spending account
Each member of the IX team is expected to take ownership & contribute from day one, as our business & industry is moving too quickly for red tape or bureaucracy. We take great pride in welcoming, respecting & developing every employee. We are not perfect at everything, but we work hard to constantly learn & improve. We promote a work environment in which we can collaborate & learn from one another.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification - diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, & humility - IX will welcome you.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with & providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 & the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment & selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email email@example.com or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).
*Considering COVID-19, until further notice, everyone is required to Work from Home. When offices re-open, you will be required to follow the mandate of your local office.