Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
Our Clinical Team is a group of caring & passionate professionals dedicated to improving the lives of our members by conducting both telehealth & in-home visits. At Clover weve risen to the challenge of providing high quality care during the Coronavirus pandemic by expanding our telehealth capabilities. Were looking for someone to join us in providing cutting edge & patient-centered wellness visits for our members. This role is temporarily remote due to COVID-19 but will transition back to geo-targeted in-home visits when clinically appropriate post pandemic, likely in 2021.
As a Nurse Practitioner (NP), you will use telehealth to conduct health assessments (Clover Care Visits) on enrolled Medicare Advantage members. You may also conduct follow-up visits for the subset of Clover members recently discharged from a hospital or postacute care facility. Post- hospital visits may be in person where clinically appropriate. Assignment of visits will be based on staff availability & member needs. Visits will include comprehensive assessment of member health histories & current health care needs requiring further care coordination & management.
As a Nurse Practitioner, you will:
- Deliver preventive care to Clover members remotely via Clovers proprietary software platform as well as third video apps (Doxy.me, Facetime, Zoom, WhatsApp, GoogleDuo, KakaoTalk) as needed.
- Complete a comprehensive review & assessment of a member's medical history, physical health, environment & psycho-social status
- Document progress notes, prepare member workups & encounter summaries using Clover's proprietary mobile application.
- Help at-risk members transition from the hospital & other facilities to their own home.
- Create personalized care plans in coordination with the member's primary care physician.
- Actively close gaps in care, which may include ordering labs, writing prescriptions with collaboration of the Primary Care Provider or collaborating physician, & coordinating physician follow up.
- Perform point of care labs & diagnostic testing, such as A1c & microalbumin testing & spirometry.
- Activities will support Clover Care Visit program goals including accurate documentation of member health conditions, high performance on federal quality measures, & successful referral to network providers & internal Clover clinical teams to improve care & outcomes.
- Coordinate & communicate with members interdisciplinary care teams
- Participate in regular ongoing training & meetings remotely.
You will love this job if:
- You have excellent clinical skills with knowledge of long-term care, geriatrics & chronic illness.
- You communicate effectively both verbally & in writing.
- You have terrific customer experience skills.
- You are tech savvy. Comfortable with using electronic health data, documenting in EMRs, & utilizing video technology for telehealth visits.
- You are comfortable with a fast-paced environment with the ability to adapt to change & deal effectively with stress.
You should get in touch if:
- You are based in the state of New Jersey, required
- You are certified as an Advanced Nurse Practitioner in specialty areas (required).
- You hold current unencumbered NJ Licensure as a Registered Nurse.
- You have an active DEA & CDS registration
- You have minimum of 1 year experience as an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner.
- You graduated with a Bachelors degree (BSN) from an accredited school of nursing.
- You have a Masters degree in advanced clinical practice nursing or graduate of post Masters certificate program for Nurse Practitioner.
- You have a current provider card in Basic Life Support (BLS).
- You have home care experience, preferred
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software & analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene & provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, & our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate & mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clovers inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & our employees are people with different strengths, experiences & backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race & gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion & many other parts of ones identity. All of our employees points of view are key to our success, & inclusion is everyone's responsibility.