WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration & workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, & we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market & define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 99,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
We are looking for a high energy, self-motivated, hands-on individual to join our growing Technical Accounting & External Reporting team. An ideal candidate excels in external reporting responsibilities, technical research, verbal & written communication, & is a problem solver with the ability to translate complex accounting matters into concise business solutions. You will continually looking for ways to help our team get better at what we do in the most efficient way possible.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Prepare & review accounting & disclosures for the Company's external filings including the 10-Q/10-K, 8-K reports, & other regulatory filings, including Proxy Statements
- Support quarterly/yearly audits including the preparation & review of supporting reports & documentation, directly interact & manage relationships with external & internal auditors
- Evaluate the accounting treatment for all significant accounting transactions, research & implement relevant accounting standards, & draft technical accounting memorandums on significant & complex transactions to support accounting positions
- Review contracts to identify technical accounting matters & ensure compliance with corporate & accounting policies
- Prepare & review monthly internal financial schedules Journal entries, reconciliation schedules, variance reporting, month-end closing, etc.)
- Work cross-functionally within the organization to support various stakeholders on technical accounting matters, including but not limited to other Controllership functions, EMEA team, Strategic Planning & Analysis, Work Place Services, & Treasury
- Drive process & system improvements within the organization
- Perform internal controls in compliance with SOX related to external reporting & other complex technical accounting areas
- Assist with or be responsible for other duties & ad-hoc projects.
WHO YOU ARE
- 4 to 6 years of experience in accounting, including Big 4 accounting firm experience
- 4 year degree in accounting, finance, or economics
- CPA a plus
- Experience with NetSuite is a plus
- Experience with ASC 842, ASC 350, ASC 718, & ASC 230 is a plus
- Excellent communication (written & verbal), organizational, analytical & problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated- able to think independently, creatively, & opportunistically
- Overwhelming desire to kick butt & grow in your career
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our Personnel Privacy Notice.