Location: Long Island City, NY
Department: Employer Services, Employment, & Communications
Time Commitment: April through June 2023
Min. Experience: Passion for Social Media, Events, & Non-Profit Operations
Compensation: $25.00/hour for no more than 20 hours per week.
We are looking for a passionate & able intern to assist in a variety of initiatives that support our Employer Services, Employer Commit, & Marketing Teams.
The intern will assist in a variety of capacities, including event coordination, social media engagement, operations & analysis, & fundraising communication. This is a great opportunity for someone interested in learning about the eco-system of a non-profit organization & the variety of ways in which we engage our diverse communities of volunteers & partners.
- Support Employment team operations including office hour coordination, events management, volunteer management, & administrative logistics
- Help manage the team's systems, processes, & databases
- Support operations for the Pursuit Commit on-the-job program, including workshops & tailored support
- Compile & deliver data analysis on Pursuit Commit activities & effectiveness as well as marketing/branding testimonials from partnered companies
- Help plan & deliver events for Pursuit Fellows & partner companies
- Research & create media lists & briefs
- Oversee Pursuits interactions with the public by implementing social media platforms' content strategy; analyze engagement data, identify trends in customer interactions & plan digital campaigns to build community online.
- Create & send monthly employment newsletter to drive engagement
The Ideal Candidate
You are a passionate, resourceful individual who is compelled by impactful work. As part of a small but growing team, you will be expected to think across many disciplines & be open to both collaboration & critique. You should be meticulous, organized, & self-motivated. A background in software development or technology is helpful, but not necessary. Above all, we value the ability & willingness to hustle to do things well & do things right.
- Interest in Social Media, Marketing, Events, & Communication
- Strong writing & editing skills
- Proficient in Google suite & social media platforms
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
Nice to Haves
- Experience using Salesforce, EventBrite, & MailChimp
- Skilled in Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of tech industry in Queens