At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
We are transforming transportation & the way people move through our communities. Passengers rely on Lyft to get to work, to go to the doctor, or to get home safely when public transit has stopped running. Drivers use Lyft for income & flexibility. Building an engaging & reliable platform for our passengers & drivers is a responsibility we take seriously, & we are growing our Engineering team to ensure we deliver a consistent & high quality user experience.
Lyft Business Admin team powers the business portal that is used by our partner administrators to create & manage their Lyft Program, & integrates with leading industry SSO, HR & Travel providers to enable businesses to seamlessly onboard with Lyft & start using Lyft to provide transportation solutions to their people. As an Engineering Manager on this team, you will lead a team of frontend, backend, & full-stack engineers, advocating a healthy culture of people growth & operational excellence. Your responsibility will include owning the end to end execution, & collaborating closely with Product & Business stakeholders, & with other Platform teams at Lyft.
- Lead a team of talented engineers who like to ship code & tackle hard engineering problems
- Mentor & guide the professional & technical development of your team members. Help develop their careers, & assign them to projects tailored to their skill levels, personalities, work styles, & professional goals
- Build teams that are collaborative, inclusive, & respectful of each other
- Provide continuous feedback, address underperformance, & recognize the individual strengths & contributions of your team members
- Create plans for prioritizing technical & resourcing challenges in your organization
- Maintain a balance between building sustainable, high-impact projects & shipping things quickly
- Instill a spirit of continuous improvement in the teams code, architecture, & processes
- Work closely with the Lyft recruiting team to hire high potential candidates from diverse backgrounds
- Work with your team & your cross-functional stakeholders to maintain a prioritized backlog & create short term & long term goals
- Own your teams deliverables & ensure we continue to ship scalable, highly-available products that delight our passengers & drivers
- Help your team build relationships across functions such as Product management, Design, Science, Support, Marketing, Ops, Sales, BizDev, & other engineering teams to ensure Lyfts continuing success
- You have a technical background & are able to contribute to planning & design discussions
- You are steadfastly focused on your customers, whether they are drivers, passengers, or other Lyft employees
- You have experience leading a team of engineering managers & engineers & guiding them through their career development
- You believe in building both teams & products that scale
- You enjoy working in a collaborative environment, & youre committed to driving projects to completion creatively
- You can motivate & instill a strong sense of ownership in your team
- You have experience guiding teams through planning, prioritization, & execution of work
- You think ahead & build for the future
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.