SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
MOLD POLISHER, TOOL & DIE (STARLINK)
SpaceX is seeking a Mold Polisher to primarily support the manufacturing & development of Starlink product components alongside a strong group of tool & die specialists/technicians.
- Polish milled, EDM, & turned surfaces in hardened H-13 & P-20 materials
- Polish & detail all machined die & mold surfaces to the prescribed surface finish requirements
- Maintain the proper draw polish to release plastic parts & castings successfully,
- Add radii & blending contours when necessary
- Work with the Tool & Die team during spotting & fitting operations
- Work to the scheduled delivery dates for each tool component
- Do preventative maintenance on injection molds & dies (assembly & disassembly)
- Keeps supervisor/manager aware of any condition that may affect the efficiency, quality, or completion of jobs
- Identify product with non-conformance
- Provide technical leadership to less experienced employees
- Consistently meet and/or exceed estimated times
- Work with Quality Control & all other departments for first piece qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 4+ years of experience polishing plastic injection molds
- 2+ years of experience in mold maintenance
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Proficiency with power & hand die polishing equipment with larger, multi-slide, diecast dies, experience with TIG welding a plus
- Experience in restoring welded surfaces on repair operations
- Experience with power tools, air/electric, profilers, grinders, as well as hand polishing tools
- Ability to organize & prioritize workflow
- Ability to climb & maintain balance on ladders, scaffolding or other high structures
- Must be willing to travel up to 50%
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time easily & comfortably
- Must be able to work overtime & weekends when necessary to meet critical deadlines
- Repetitive movement, bending or twisting, using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls, exposure to sounds & noise levels that are distracting
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. unassisted
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Mold Polisher/Level 1: $20.00 - $27.00/hour
- Mold Polisher/Level 2: $25.00 - $32.50/hour
- Mold Polisher/Level 3: $30.00 - $38.00/hour
Your actual level & base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis & may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge & skills, education, & experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses & the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, & dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, & various other discounts & perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence & qualifications & will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceXs Affirmative Action Plan for veterans & individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.