BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
Our team is bi-coastal, split between NYC & LA. Both locations are bound by a shared love of creating an awesome candidate experience, always having the right GIF for a situation, & team happy hours. We're a lean but mighty group that supports hiring across BuzzFeed's global offices.
We are looking for a dynamic & good-humored human to join the Recruiting team as a coordinator.
You'll work on multiple aspects of the recruiting experience from candidate scheduling & coordination, new hire orientation, employment branding, & more. We're looking for someone to hold it down during the busiest & most chaotic of times with a smile & a great idea about how to do things more efficiently.
You'll report to our Director of Talent Acquisition & work closely with the Recruiting & People teams at large, & maintain close relationships with stakeholders across the company. This will initially be a fixed-term position with the possibility of converting to full-time.
We are currently working remote through August 2021 & this role will be based in either our NYC or LA office once our offices we reopen.
- Schedule a high volume of phone screens, virtual/on-site interviews, & interview debriefs
- Prepare, post, & manage requisitions in our ATS & on external site
- Provide regular audits of Greenhouse & other recruiting documents (offer templates, cost centers, etc) to ensure accuracy
- Coordinate candidate travel & manage reimbursement programs
- Assist with BuzzFeed's early career programs
- Assist with coordination of career fairs, employer branding events, & in-office events like meetups
- Support offer letter & new hire paperwork creation & organization
- Assist with other ad-hoc projects across the People team
- At least one year of professional experience, preferably in the media or tech industries;
- Proficiency with Google Apps, especially Calendar & Drive;
- Previous experience with an applicant tracking system (we use Greenhouse);
- A steadiness that helps you turn chaos into order in a quickly-changing environment;
- A healthy sense of humor & a really great story to share about the most intense interview loop youve scheduled;
- An eye for detail, so you've read this job post from beginning to end & know to address your cover letter "Hi BuzzFeed Recruiters!"
FYI just because you dont meet every requirement doesnt mean we dont want to hear from you. If you think youd be a good fit for the job anyway, use your application to show us why!
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
- A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.