As Field Operations Manager, you will manage & lead a large team of junior operations staff responsible for registering new driver partners, supporting active driver partners & carrying out field/remote projects. Your & your teams objectives will be to ensure that our driver partners receive great support & to contribute directly to Vias growth through helping execute driver & rider growth initiatives. You'll be responsible for managing HR & day-to-day aspects of the team while also creating a motivating & challenging environment where individuals can thrive & develop. Youll also contribute to our growth strategy by leading your team to help execute various driver experience & growth projects in collaboration with cross-functional teams across the business.
Via provides first class customer services to our driver partners, from recruitment to registration to ongoing support. Handling thousands of interactions each week, both in person & remotely, our Driver Center teams are committed to helping driver partners get started on our platform, stay connected, & continue to grow & drive with Via.
This is a challenging people-facing role that spans leadership, project management & entrepreneurship giving a chance to be at the heart of a growing & exciting tech startup that has set to transform how people get around.
What You'll Do:
- Lead, coach & develop a dynamic team of 20-30 junior operations staff, fostering a collaborative, cohesive, & energetic environment.
- Develop clear metrics for the team & visibility into results against KPIs & priorities to the NYCs Operations Team on a weekly basis
- Be the face of the NYC Driver Center, representing Via to driver partners & vendors
- Work with city & partner teams, general managers, & operations teams to develop & implement the strategies to support new launches & processes at Via.
- Build strong cross-functional relationships across various via teams & offices, deeply rooted in trust & understanding
- Tirelessly work to scale operational processes, products & systems to drive rapid growth
Who You Are:
- Have a proven track record of managing teams (at least 3-5 years) & developing people - you know how to motivate & get the best work out of every person who you work with
- Lead with humility, respect & empathy, you give & take feedback constructively, & you do not shy away from having difficult conversations & resolving conflicts
- Effective at managing multiple tasks simultaneously; you can delegate, prioritize, & take responsibility
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment, operating in ambiguity, & shifting priorities quickly
- Problem solver; you dont accept the status quo & are always looking for creative solutions
- Everything that comes in your way is met with a "roll up your sleeves" attitude. You partner effectively with others in order to provide solutions in all areas of our department & business
- Strong written & verbal presentation & communication skills - you understand how to create a story & craft messaging based on your audience & the problem at hand
- Obtained a Bachelor's Degree
- Comfortable with managing data in Excel
What Catches Our Eye:
- Experience in a high growth, entrepreneurial environment
- Working knowledge of Tableau
Were Via, & we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, & provides everyone with accessible, efficient, & affordable ways of getting around.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. Were committed to building & nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, & voices are welcomed & celebrated here.
Were proud to be leading a worldwide transportation revolution & modernizing mobility for all. Through intelligently-designed systems & sophisticated algorithms, we craft localized solutions for each one of our global partners. Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.