The 1stDibs Product team is a highly collaborative team that creates buyer, seller, & internal product experiences for our users. We currently work remotely, with an office headquarters in Astor Place, New York City. As a multi-sided platform, the Product Team at 1stDibs is responsible for buyer & seller experiences across the web & app-based products, as well as a suite of web-based tools to support internal teams.
We are looking for a Product Designer to help define the customer experience on the Buyer team. This role is focused on designing the UX/UI for the buyer experience across the 1stDibs website & app. Product designers at 1stDibs partner with product owners, engineers, & UX research to deliver world-class solutions.
What you'll do
- Generate product concepts & iterate on solutions based on business & user feedback
- Collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders including product owners, researchers, engineers, & marketers
- Prototype concepts for testing & communication
- Deliver pixel-perfect screens & specifications to support development
- Help manage & contribute to an evolving design system
- Work closely with engineering to support development of proposed solutions
- Advocate for consistency of interaction & visual design patterns
- Participate in research activities with project teams
What youll bring
- 2+ years as a full-stack product designer at a consumer-focused tech company or in-house product design team.
- Bachelors Degree in Interaction Design, Communication Design, Graphic Design, HCI or a related field (or equivalent proven field experience).
- Experience defining design activities & delivering impactful product experiences
- A great online portfolio.
- Fluency with screen design & mastery of relevant tools
- Capacity to present context of work & rationale for designs across disciplines
- Possess strong verbal, written & visual presentation skills with value placed on storytelling
- Fluency with low & high-fidelity design deliverables
- Experience designing ecommerce or marketplace products is a plus.
A portfolio of relevant work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your involvement & how you contributed to solving specific problems.
1stDibs is the worlds largest online luxury marketplace for rare & desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers & consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion & fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital & Alibaba, 1stDibs is a unique blend of expert curators & seasoned Internet executives from companies including Amazon, Google, eBay, Mlb.com, PayPal, & Twitter.
1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.