At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
The Office Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing the facilitation of an ongoing delightful experience for all employees of Lyft by providing consistent operational support & managing an inclusive & safe environment for Lyft employees.
- Actively participate in facilitating/overseeing an ongoing delightful employee experience by overseeing the consistent delivery of exceptional operational/facilities support from Office team members on site.
- Manage all day to day Office operations for our Palo Alto location & delegate tasks to Office team members on site as needed.
- Identify & partner with senior leadership to solve for unique challenges the Seattle office presents due to the needs of the 24/7 office operation.
- Manage office vendor operations & relationships including janitorial, food/beverage service, internal security & others as needed.
- Oversee the management of the JIRA ticket workflow for the office & respond to tickets as assigned by Office Coordinator. Perform the necessary task(s) to satisfy general office inquiries & maintenance requests. Escalate office inquiries to other Office team management as needed.
- Receive, assess, solve for or escalate to management any office related security issues reported to the Office team.
- Partner with on site managers/leads to assist with new employee seating assignments & make adjustments in seating assignments as needed.
- Manage/maintain active seating chart for the office & make adjustments as assignments change.
- Partner with leadership on site to provide facilities support for Lyft events.
- Maintain consistent & clear communication with other Office Team members in regards to any facilities or security related concerns.
- Partner with physical security Manager so ensure all security standards are in place & adhered to at all times.
- Serve as backup for & perform other duties as assigned by other office team management as needed.
- Manage additional Lyft Office team members & provide coaching, guidance, feedback & structure to support their professional growth & development.
- Assist senior management in overseeing the opex budget for the properties.
- Coordination of facility maintenance & improvements / changes as necessary.
- Other site specific duties required by the property in question.
- Be aligned with Lyfts Core values: Uplift Others, Make it Happen & Be Yourself
- A passion for managing an overall positive employee experience through ongoing operational support
- Ability to successfully coach, develop & manage direct reports to a level of high performance
- Strong ability to manage competing priorities & projects
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills, with the ability to build relationships across departments, work collaboratively, & manage conflict constructively
- Ability to remain agile & multi-task effectively in a fast paced environment
- Capable of prioritizing tasks/duties as assigned & delegating tasks as needed
- 5+ years of customer service experience
- 2+ years of office operations experience
- Previous people management experience
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.