The RealReal is leading the way in authenticated luxury consignment, online & in real life at our brick & mortar locations. Founded in 2011, were growing fast & fundamentally changing the way people buy & sell luxury a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart & creates a foundation of trust with shoppers & consignors. Our mission to extend the life cycle of luxury items is leading innovation in sustainable fashion. Were proud to promote the circular economy & to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundations prestigious CE100 USA.
Employees at The RealReal are dedicated, collaborative & innovative, & were looking for exceptional talent to join our team. Build your career with us & enjoy 401K matching, health, dental & vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mothers room, & flexible work hours!
This position is based in Secaucus, NJwhere employees receive the following: free shuttle from the local train station to the office, free or discounted lunch options three times per week, free bagels twice a week, on-site mini mart service for your convenience, & monthly free events with snacks & other giveaways!
Theis a managerial role & will report to the Manager of Art & Home Brisbane. The ideal candidate is a strong self-starter overseeing the home & art category lead, specialists, & copy team to hit targets & drive improvements.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage a team of 10+ & growing
- Work with Home & Art Manager to help anticipate & manage product flow
- Planning touch bases & meeting with employees to help motivate & build a team atmosphere
- Planning & monitoring with team lead the day-to-day running of the pipeline to ensure smooth progress, & resolution of exceptions
- Evaluate regularly the efficiency of processing units & drive improvements
- Work cross-functionally with our Inbound & Outbound Operations teams
- Value consignments as needed
- Foster strong cross functional partnerships with inbound & fulfillment teams
- Enforce SOPs & category standards
- 5+ years of experience working with luxury art & home product (retail, gallery, showroom, auction house included).
- Strong written & oral communication skills.
- Leadership experience preferred
- BA; Masters degree preferred in related field
NICE TO HAVE
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proven ability to work quickly & effectively with very strong attention to detail
- Proactive problem solver with a strong commitment to action is crucial!
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong communications skills between multiple departments & team
- Deal well with ambiguity & be flexible to changing needs & priorities
- In-depth knowledge of home decor, furniture & art; ability to identify & research mediums, fabrications, hallmarks, stamps & date codes
- Understands specific pricing trends for home & art category & industry
- Navigates ambiguity easily
- Ability to self start & keep the team as productive as possible
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent management skills & strong motivator
- Excellent communication skills